LIST: 2012 Black Friday Openings and Deals | Business
Your comfortable shoes better be laced and your wallet better be ready to burn for the hustle and bustle anticipated for Black Friday this year.
According to an Accenture study, 52 percent of consumers would be willing to shop online on Thanksgiving Day if retailers offer discounts, and 53 percent plan to shop on Black Friday, which the survey indicated would reverse a three-year trend of declining interest.
To make sure you know when to stop eating your Thanksgiving dinner and set your alarm for the early morning rushes, here is a list of stores and malls planning on opening early:
Walmart: Last year, Walmart had TV, electronics, clothing and house ware deals in their Black Friday ad. This year, you can enter the store at 12 a.m. Nov. 23.
Best Buy: For deals on digital cameras, computers, stereos and other electronics, visit the store when the doors open at 12 a.m., Nov. 23.
Kohl’s: For deals on bedding, clothing and other selections, visit the store when doors open at 12 a.m., Nov. 23. If you want to buy Black Friday online sales, you can start buying at 12:01 a.m., Nov. 21, on its website.
Sears: In 2011, Sears released not one, but four Black Friday ads, each with different product categories. To get a jump on the deals, visit the store at 8 p.m., Thanksgiving Day.
Mall of America: The largest mall in America will take part in Black Friday this year and will open the doors for shoppers at 12 a.m., Nov. 23. More than 180 stores will open at midnight. Click here to check out the list.
Rosedale Mall: For Black Friday, the Rosedale Mall in Roseville, Minn., will have live music, giveaways and a $500 register to win promo when the doors open at 5 a.m., Nov. 23.
Albertville Outlet Mall: This outdoor mall located in Albertville, Minn., will not only have doors opening at midnight, but some stores will be opening before. Their website said a list of center specific store sale information will be posted soon.
Target: The doors for Targets in the area will open the earliest they ever have at 9 p.m. Thanksgiving Day, which follows a trend announced by retailers like Walmart last week.
Macy’s: Customers can find sales in every department starting 12 a.m., Nov. 23. The store also added a new Black Friday feature on the Macy’s mobile app to help browse when shopping. Exclusive MAC Cosmetics will be previewed too.
- Burnsville Center: More than 45 stores will open Friday with early bird sales in Burnsville. For a list of stores, visit BurnsvilleCenter.com.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Expect Delays on I-35E in St. Paul, Maplewood with Left Lane Closures in March
- Portion of I-35E in St. Paul to Close for Bridge Removal, MnPASS Project
- St. Paul Elem. School Temporarily Shuts Down after Student Discovered with Dummy Grenade
- Plan for the Outdoors at the Bird, Buck, Bait and Boat Expo
- Minn. Non-Profit Businesses Advocate to Raise Minimum Wage
- High Hopes for Minn. Medical Marijuana Supporters
- Dramatic Dash Cam Video: Elk River Home Invasion Suspects Lead Officers on Wrong-Way Chase
- Minn. Boy Rescued from Snow Tunnel: 'I Closed My Eyes and Prayed'
- RAW VIDEO: Rogers Police Dash Cam Video from Wrong Way Chase Following Home Invasion
- Rogers Student Suspension Raises Issue of Social Media Consequences