Train Derailment in Downtown Wayzata | Business
Seventeen train cars, packed with coal derailed in Downtown Wayzata today. Despite the mess, no one was seriously injured.
The cars jumped the tracks around 9:30am, near the intersection of Lake Street and Ferndale Road. The train is operated by Burlington Northern and was on its way to Superior, Wisconsin.
There was a little damage to surrounding buildings. Crews hope to have the tracks back open again by 9:00am tomorrow.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man Posing as Fake Cop Charged in Shooting at Tom Reid's
- Dorothy Day Center Proposed Location Scrapped
- Minnesota Birds Suffering from Brutal Winter
- Minn. House Votes to Reverse Course on Law Change for Lobbyists Buying Meals for Legislators
- Man Shot on Tom Reid's Patio in St. Paul 'Stabilized,' Suspect Arrested
- High Hopes for Minn. Medical Marijuana Supporters
- Dramatic Dash Cam Video: Elk River Home Invasion Suspects Lead Officers on Wrong-Way Chase
- Minn. Boy Rescued from Snow Tunnel: 'I Closed My Eyes and Prayed'
- RAW VIDEO: Rogers Police Dash Cam Video from Wrong Way Chase Following Home Invasion
- Rogers Student Suspension Raises Issue of Social Media Consequences