Train Derailment in Downtown Wayzata | Business
Seventeen train cars, packed with coal derailed in Downtown Wayzata today. Despite the mess, no one was seriously injured.
The cars jumped the tracks around 9:30am, near the intersection of Lake Street and Ferndale Road. The train is operated by Burlington Northern and was on its way to Superior, Wisconsin.
There was a little damage to surrounding buildings. Crews hope to have the tracks back open again by 9:00am tomorrow.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- St. Paul Saints Play Final Game at St. Paul Midway Stadium
- St. Paul Police Respond to Criticism over Skyway Arrest Caught on Video
- Minnesota State Fair Enters Final Weekend
- St. Paul Police: Suspect Threw Rocks, Refused to Back Away from Officers
- Public Memorial Held for Victim of Arden Hills Gas Station Shooting
- Woman Airlifted with Severe Burns after Escaping House Fire in Sherburne Co.
- 23-Year-Old Man Dies in Suspected Drowning in Sherburne County
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities