Train Derailment in Downtown Wayzata | Business
Seventeen train cars, packed with coal derailed in Downtown Wayzata today. Despite the mess, no one was seriously injured.
The cars jumped the tracks around 9:30am, near the intersection of Lake Street and Ferndale Road. The train is operated by Burlington Northern and was on its way to Superior, Wisconsin.
There was a little damage to surrounding buildings. Crews hope to have the tracks back open again by 9:00am tomorrow.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Appeal Planned in Dismissal of Waseca School Plot Charges
- St. Cloud Police Look for Suspect of Hotel Robbery
- Duluth Woman Gets Creative to Pay for Maternity Leave
- Mississippi River Shuts Down 8 Miles to Commercial Traffic
- Prosecutors: Itasca Co. Kidnapper Wanted to Talk with Ex about 'Being a Good Parent'
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand