Train Derailment in Downtown Wayzata | Business
Seventeen train cars, packed with coal derailed in Downtown Wayzata today. Despite the mess, no one was seriously injured.
The cars jumped the tracks around 9:30am, near the intersection of Lake Street and Ferndale Road. The train is operated by Burlington Northern and was on its way to Superior, Wisconsin.
There was a little damage to surrounding buildings. Crews hope to have the tracks back open again by 9:00am tomorrow.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- St. Paul Schools Get 66 Propane-Powered Buses
- Roseville Police Release Images of Suspects in Pawn America Robbery, Shooting
- Coleman Hosts Public Meetings in St. Paul to Address $9.6M Budget Gap
- Report: Minnesota Ranks High for Well-Being of Kids; Improvement Needed
- Coleman Outlines Plans to Help Marketing of Former Ford Assembly Site
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand