Train Derailment in Downtown Wayzata | Business
Seventeen train cars, packed with coal derailed in Downtown Wayzata today. Despite the mess, no one was seriously injured.
The cars jumped the tracks around 9:30am, near the intersection of Lake Street and Ferndale Road. The train is operated by Burlington Northern and was on its way to Superior, Wisconsin.
There was a little damage to surrounding buildings. Crews hope to have the tracks back open again by 9:00am tomorrow.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marijuana Debate Continues with Another Capitol Rally
- Wounded Veteran Given Mortgage-Free Home in Shoreview
- Clergy Members, Doctors Voice Support for Medical Marijuana Legalization
- Ramsey Co. Sheriff's Office Warns of Caller Impersonating Deputy
- 3M Receives Energy Award for 10th Consecutive Year, Hosts Earth Day Celebration
- Severe Weather Awareness Week: Dave Dahl Talks Thunderstorms
- Minn. Dept. of Commerce Works to Protect Senior Citizens from Fraud
- 'Minnesota Nice' in Elk River Helps a Motorcyclist in the Ice
- 2 Acres Burn in Elk River Grass Fire, Officials Investigate Cause
- Bachmann Says She is 'Going to Different Perch'