Four MN Borders Bookstores Set to Close | Business
Borders bookstore will close four Minnesota locations after filing for bankruptcy.
Borders plans to close 200 of its 642 stores across the country over the next few weeks. The Minnesota locations that will close include stores in Richfield on W. 78th Street, Minnetonka on Plymouth Road, St. Paul on W. University Ave. and in Maple Grove on Elm Creek Boulevard.
Locations in Coon Rapids, Roseville and Woodbury will remain open.
Borders filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy earlier this week. It had $1.28 billion in assets and $1.29 billion in debts as of December 25.
Borders says it will operate normally and honor gift cards and its loyalty program during the reorganization process. Clearance sales could begin as early as this weekend.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Severe Weather Awareness Week: Dave Dahl Talks Thunderstorms
- Minn. Dept. of Commerce Works to Protect Senior Citizens from Fraud
- 'Minnesota Nice' in Elk River Helps a Motorcyclist in the Ice
- 2 Acres Burn in Elk River Grass Fire, Officials Investigate Cause
- Bachmann Says She is 'Going to Different Perch'