Four MN Borders Bookstores Set to Close | Business
Borders bookstore will close four Minnesota locations after filing for bankruptcy.
Borders plans to close 200 of its 642 stores across the country over the next few weeks. The Minnesota locations that will close include stores in Richfield on W. 78th Street, Minnetonka on Plymouth Road, St. Paul on W. University Ave. and in Maple Grove on Elm Creek Boulevard.
Locations in Coon Rapids, Roseville and Woodbury will remain open.
Borders filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy earlier this week. It had $1.28 billion in assets and $1.29 billion in debts as of December 25.
Borders says it will operate normally and honor gift cards and its loyalty program during the reorganization process. Clearance sales could begin as early as this weekend.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State Patrol Investigates Fatal Crash Near Sleepy Eye on Icy Roads
- Small Area of Freezing Rain, Sleet Makes for Slick Spots
- Excelsior Considers Sales Tax on Food, Drinks to Pay for Park Improvements
- Minnesota's Elk Management Plan up for Revision<br />
- EQB Releases Final Draft of Silica Sand Standards<br />
- High Hopes for Minn. Medical Marijuana Supporters
- Dramatic Dash Cam Video: Elk River Home Invasion Suspects Lead Officers on Wrong-Way Chase
- Minn. Boy Rescued from Snow Tunnel: 'I Closed My Eyes and Prayed'
- RAW VIDEO: Rogers Police Dash Cam Video from Wrong Way Chase Following Home Invasion
- Rogers Student Suspension Raises Issue of Social Media Consequences