Thermo King Corporation partners with VEAP during National Volunteers Week | Business
Bloomington-based Thermo King Corporation used National Volunteer Week (April 10 – 15, 2011) to promote a competitive food drive within their organization. A total of 10 teams competed to fill the most number of pallet boxes with food and personal hygiene products for VEAP (Volunteers Enlisted to Assist People), a local non-profit agency serving low-income families, individuals, elderly and disabled persons in the communities of Bloomington, Edina, Richfield, and South Minneapolis. The event was a huge success. On Friday, April 15, Thermo King filled the back of a semi-trailer with 26 pallets each filled with items needed within the community. A group of employees volunteered their time on Friday afternoon to unload the trailer, stock the shelves and prep the food pantry for the next business day. Karin Meier, the Development Director at VEAP stated, “During my time at VEAP I can only remember a handful of food collections that required a semi-trailer to transport the items.” In addition to the food and personal hygiene products TK employees gave $900 in cash donations.
Louetta Larson, Chairperson for the Food Drive discussed Thermo King’s relationship with VEAP. She said, “We are very proud to be partnering with VEAP. One of their key initiatives is fighting hunger and that is in total alignment with our mission of protecting the global food chain.”
John Cobb, Director of Human Resources for Thermo King North America praised the efforts of all 565 local employees at the Bloomington facility. He remarked, “The employee response to helping our neighbors in need was overwhelming. The Community Relations Team at Thermo King will continue to identify giving and volunteering opportunities where we can make a positive impact on the local community.”
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marijuana Debate Continues with another Capitol Rally
- Clergy Members, Doctors Voice Support for Medical Marijuana Legalization
- Ramsey Co. Sheriff's Office Warns of Caller Impersonating Deputy
- 3M Receives Energy Award for 10th Consecutive Year, Hosts Earth Day Celebration
- Lafayette Bridge Construction to Close Sections of I-94 This Weekend
- Minn. Dept. of Commerce Works to Protect Senior Citizens from Fraud
- Severe Weather Awareness Week: Dave Dahl Talks Thunderstorms
- 'Minnesota Nice' in Elk River Helps a Motorcyclist in the Ice
- 2 Acres Burn in Elk River Grass Fire, Officials Investigate Cause
- Bachmann Says She is 'Going to Different Perch'