Time to Get Lost in a Corn Maze & Harvest Some Apples | Community Spirit
With the crisp fall-like weather, it's the perfect time of year to head out to apple orchards and corn mazes.
- For its 15th year, Sever's Corn Maze and Fall Festival is opening September 17th in Shakopee. This year the maze features an 'Out of this World' theme. Also new this year is a jumping pillows activity, and a canary tent with hundreds of birds to feed.
- Afton Apple Orchard's corn maze also opens Saturday in Hastings with a "Bridges of Hastings" theme. The maze includes the outline of the city's former Spiral Bridge, the current bridge, the one currently under construction, and the old railroad bridge. There are 24 stations throughout the maze with trivia questions about bridges in Hastings.
- Apple Jack Orchards corn maze in Delano opened last weekend. This year's design features a spider web maze.
Farmers say because of the long winter the apple season was delayed about two weeks this year. This means the apple crop is better in both size, and quantity compared to 2010.
- Aamodt's Apple Farm, 6428 Manning Avenue in Stillwater
- Minnetonka Orchards, 6530 County Road 26, Minnetrista
- Apple Jack Orchards, 4875 37th Street SE, Delano
- Afton Apple Orchard, 14421 So. 90th Street, Hastings
- Pine Tree Apple Orchard, 450 Apple Orchard Road, White Bear Lake
- Emma Krumbee's, Belle Plaine
- Deer Lake Orchard, 1903 10th St. SW Buffalo
- Pleasant Valley Orchard, 17325 Pleasant Valley Road, Schafer
- Fall Harvest Orchard, Delano
- Gilby's Orchard, Aitkin
- Minnesota Harvest, 8251 Old Highway 169 Blvd. at Apple Lover's Lane, Jordan
- Deardorff Orchards and Vineyards, Waconia
Click here for a full listing of apple orchards across the state.