2 Teens Win Soccer Trip To South Africa | Community Spirit
Soccer enthusiasts Tyler Anderson, of Bloomington and Jennie Scislow, of Lakeville, will travel with Best Buy chaperones and 14 other teens from across the United States to Johannesburg, South Africa to train at the Coca-Cola International Soccer Camp and attend a World Cup match.
Anderson attends Jefferson High School where he is on the soccer and golf teams. He was proud to be a starting member of the varsity soccer team his freshman year. He is also involved with the Fellowship of Christian Athletes program at school and volunteers his time coaching a U9 soccer team.
Scislow attends St. Croix Lutheran High School where she is on the soccer and track teams. She started playing varsity soccer last year as a seventh grader and went to state the same year in the 4x800 relay. This year, she’s headed to state in the open 800m. Scislow also plays on the Minnesota Thunder Academy traveling soccer team year-round.
The local teens will be in South Africa from June 15 to June 20, 2010.
Anderson and Scislow are part of a group of teens who won the trip through Best Buy’s teen-focused @15 program and will have the chance to connect with 200 other teens from around the world at the camp.
While in South Africa and upon their return teens will share their experiences on www.at15.com. They will refine their soccer skills with training and skills presentations by professional coaches, attend a World Cup match and experience South African culture with entertainment and educational activities.
To enter the competition the teens took the SparkFinder survey – a digital tool that helps teens identify their interests and talents – and completed the official entry form. Winners were selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Good Samaritan Helps Rescue Bus Driver from Fiery Crash in Roseville
- 2nd Burglary this Week Reported on Pike Lake Drive in New Brighton
- Woman Killed in St. Paul Motor Scooter Crash was Local Singer
- Larpenteur Ave. Bridge Reopens to Traffic Wednesday
- BBB Urges Participants to Read Fine Print When Signing up for 'Fun Runs'
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand