Police Bust Mobile Heroin, Drug Dealing Ring in Mpls' Tangletown | Crime
The investigation was "exhaustive," watchful neighbors a huge help, and the payback big time for Minneapolis undercover officers who say they've arrested the one man they suspect headed up a mobile heroin, drug dealing ring in southwest Minneapolis.
Police say they arrested 25-year-old Gonzalo Tapia-Robles and charged him with First Degree Sale of Narcotics.
They believe Tapia-Robles, who they say has thirty aliases and a history of narcotics activity in a number of states, was running the drug dealing ring in the area of I-35W to Lyndale Avenue South and from 40th Street to 50th Street in the Kingfield and Tangletown Neighborhoods of Minneapolis.
Police say there's also a current felony warrant for narcotics in Hennepin County for Tapia-Robles, who is now behind bars in the Hennepin County Jail.
Police say many residents called 911, crime prevention specialists and the 5th Precinct's Community Response Team to report the license plates of vehicles suspected of being involved in the mobile drug trade.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Good Samaritan Helps Rescue Bus Driver from Fiery Crash in Roseville
- 2nd Burglary this Week Reported on Pike Lake Drive in New Brighton
- Woman Killed in St. Paul Motor Scooter Crash was Local Singer
- Larpenteur Ave. Bridge Reopens to Traffic Wednesday
- BBB Urges Participants to Read Fine Print When Signing up for 'Fun Runs'
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand