Police Bust Mobile Heroin, Drug Dealing Ring in Mpls' Tangletown | Crime
The investigation was "exhaustive," watchful neighbors a huge help, and the payback big time for Minneapolis undercover officers who say they've arrested the one man they suspect headed up a mobile heroin, drug dealing ring in southwest Minneapolis.
Police say they arrested 25-year-old Gonzalo Tapia-Robles and charged him with First Degree Sale of Narcotics.
They believe Tapia-Robles, who they say has thirty aliases and a history of narcotics activity in a number of states, was running the drug dealing ring in the area of I-35W to Lyndale Avenue South and from 40th Street to 50th Street in the Kingfield and Tangletown Neighborhoods of Minneapolis.
Police say there's also a current felony warrant for narcotics in Hennepin County for Tapia-Robles, who is now behind bars in the Hennepin County Jail.
Police say many residents called 911, crime prevention specialists and the 5th Precinct's Community Response Team to report the license plates of vehicles suspected of being involved in the mobile drug trade.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Prosecutors: Itasca Co. Kidnapper Wanted to Talk with Ex about 'Being a Good Parent'
- Man Fatally Shot after Alleged Attack in Northern Minn. Home
- Judge Tosses Most Serious Charges in Waseca Foiled Plot
- Sheriff: 14-Year-Old Hospitalized in SW Minn. was Mother of Dead Newborn
- 1 Killed, 1 Injured in Accident at Renville Co. Power Line Work Site
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand