Southdale Armed Robbery May be Linked to Two Bloomington Cases | Crime
Bloomington Police now believe two armed robberies in their city in the past week may be connected to a similar incident in the Southdale parking lot Tuesday night. One of the Bloomington robberies happened in the victim's own driveway.
Bloomington Police say a woman reported being followed out of the Lund's parking lot on 98th St. and Normandale Blvd. just after 8 p.m. Monday night. She told police the vehicle followed her all the way home. She says when she got out of her car in her driveway she was approached by a man with a handgun who demanded her purse and fled.
Thursday morning around 5:45 a.m. another woman told police a car matching the same description followed her into the Caribou parking lot off Old Shakopee and France Ave. She says a man with a gun also approached her and made off with her purse.
Investigators say the suspect and vehicle description in both these cases are similar to the suspect in the Southdale robbery. In that case, Edina Police say a woman was robbed at gunpoint in the mall parking lot Tuesday night. They have not said what the gunman made off with, if anything.
The suspect in the Bloomington cases is described as an black man between 5'10 and 6 feet tall, 200 to 250 pounds and between 30 and 40 years-old. Police say he was wearing dark clothing and a black hat.
The Edina victim described the suspect as clean shaven, wearing a dark Claiborne jacket, a Fendora-style hat and sunglasses. Pictures from Southdale security cameras were released Thursday.
In all three cases, the suspect was believed to be driving a dark color 4-door sedan with bright headlights.
The Edina Crime Prevention Fund is now offering a reward up to $5,000 for information leading to an arrest in the case.
Anyone with information is asked to call Edina Lt. Mike Nibbe at 952-826-1600 or Bloomington Detective Ed Hanson at 952-563-8812.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Appeal Planned in Dismissal of Waseca School Plot Charges
- St. Cloud Police Look for Suspect of Hotel Robbery
- Duluth Woman Gets Creative to Pay for Maternity Leave
- Mississippi River Shuts Down 8 Miles to Commercial Traffic
- Prosecutors: Itasca Co. Kidnapper Wanted to Talk with Ex about 'Being a Good Parent'
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand