Missouri Double Murder Suspect Arrested In Minneapolis | Crime
A double homicide suspect from Missouri called 911 to turn himself in early this morning.
Just after 4:30 a.m., Minneapolis police responded to the corner of 3rd Avenue South and South 11th Street and took Darnell Vaughn into custody without incident. He is now in the Hennepin County jail on a warrant from Ferguson, MIssouri and is being held without bond.
Police had been concerned that past threats by Vaughn could have led to a violent confrontation, but a weapon was not found when he was arrested.
Reports say that Vaugn was wanted in the shooting deaths last Friday of 29 year old Tasheera Johnson and 30 year old Claudia Williams in Ferguson.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cast of 'The Wizard of Oz' Helps Build Homes for Minnesotans
- Holiday Greeting: Petty Officer 2nd Class Stephanie Heu
- Holiday Greeting: Petty Officer 3rd Class Chong Vue
- St. Paul Police to Host Notification Meeting for Relocation of Predatory Offender
- St. Paul Makes Changes after Residents Complain about Slippery Roads