Missouri Double Murder Suspect Arrested In Minneapolis | Crime
A double homicide suspect from Missouri called 911 to turn himself in early this morning.
Just after 4:30 a.m., Minneapolis police responded to the corner of 3rd Avenue South and South 11th Street and took Darnell Vaughn into custody without incident. He is now in the Hennepin County jail on a warrant from Ferguson, MIssouri and is being held without bond.
Police had been concerned that past threats by Vaughn could have led to a violent confrontation, but a weapon was not found when he was arrested.
Reports say that Vaugn was wanted in the shooting deaths last Friday of 29 year old Tasheera Johnson and 30 year old Claudia Williams in Ferguson.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Good Samaritan Helps Rescue Bus Driver from Fiery Crash in Roseville
- 2nd Burglary this Week Reported on Pike Lake Drive in New Brighton
- Woman Killed in St. Paul Motor Scooter Crash was Local Singer
- Larpenteur Ave. Bridge Reopens to Traffic Wednesday
- BBB Urges Participants to Read Fine Print When Signing up for 'Fun Runs'
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand