Missouri Double Murder Suspect Arrested In Minneapolis | Crime
A double homicide suspect from Missouri called 911 to turn himself in early this morning.
Just after 4:30 a.m., Minneapolis police responded to the corner of 3rd Avenue South and South 11th Street and took Darnell Vaughn into custody without incident. He is now in the Hennepin County jail on a warrant from Ferguson, MIssouri and is being held without bond.
Police had been concerned that past threats by Vaughn could have led to a violent confrontation, but a weapon was not found when he was arrested.
Reports say that Vaugn was wanted in the shooting deaths last Friday of 29 year old Tasheera Johnson and 30 year old Claudia Williams in Ferguson.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marijuana Debate Continues with Another Capitol Rally
- Wounded Veteran Given Mortgage-Free Home in Shoreview
- Clergy Members, Doctors Voice Support for Medical Marijuana Legalization
- Ramsey Co. Sheriff's Office Warns of Caller Impersonating Deputy
- 3M Receives Energy Award for 10th Consecutive Year, Hosts Earth Day Celebration
- Severe Weather Awareness Week: Dave Dahl Talks Thunderstorms
- Minn. Dept. of Commerce Works to Protect Senior Citizens from Fraud
- 'Minnesota Nice' in Elk River Helps a Motorcyclist in the Ice
- 2 Acres Burn in Elk River Grass Fire, Officials Investigate Cause
- Bachmann Says She is 'Going to Different Perch'