Missouri Double Murder Suspect Arrested In Minneapolis | Crime
A double homicide suspect from Missouri called 911 to turn himself in early this morning.
Just after 4:30 a.m., Minneapolis police responded to the corner of 3rd Avenue South and South 11th Street and took Darnell Vaughn into custody without incident. He is now in the Hennepin County jail on a warrant from Ferguson, MIssouri and is being held without bond.
Police had been concerned that past threats by Vaughn could have led to a violent confrontation, but a weapon was not found when he was arrested.
Reports say that Vaugn was wanted in the shooting deaths last Friday of 29 year old Tasheera Johnson and 30 year old Claudia Williams in Ferguson.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 1 Dead, 3 Injured after Sunday Morning Shooting in Mankato
- Frazee, Minn., Man Escapes House Fire Caused by Space Heater
- Authorities Seek Information after 1 Injured during Motorcycle Hit-and-Run in Pierce Co.
- Minnesota Man, 39, Dies after Canoe Capsizes
- 1-Year-Old Hit by ATV Driven by 4-Year-Old Brother in Stearns Co.
- Propane Tank Explodes, Injures Man in St. Paul Parking Lot
- Murder Charges against St. Paul Man after Custody-Related Shooting
- Xcel Energy Center Preps for Playoff Hockey
- 2 Minnesotans Want Iowa City Police to Return $48K in Cash
- Franken to Tour St. Paul Public Schools' Nutrition Center, Discuss Healthy Meals