Missouri Double Murder Suspect Arrested In Minneapolis | Crime
A double homicide suspect from Missouri called 911 to turn himself in early this morning.
Just after 4:30 a.m., Minneapolis police responded to the corner of 3rd Avenue South and South 11th Street and took Darnell Vaughn into custody without incident. He is now in the Hennepin County jail on a warrant from Ferguson, MIssouri and is being held without bond.
Police had been concerned that past threats by Vaughn could have led to a violent confrontation, but a weapon was not found when he was arrested.
Reports say that Vaugn was wanted in the shooting deaths last Friday of 29 year old Tasheera Johnson and 30 year old Claudia Williams in Ferguson.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- St. Paul Saints Play Final Game at St. Paul Midway Stadium
- Minnesota State Fair Enters Final Weekend
- St. Paul Police: Suspect Threw Rocks, Refused to Back Away from Officers
- Public Memorial Held for Victim of Arden Hills Gas Station Shooting
- Final Suspect Arrested in June Roseville Pawn America Robbery, Shooting
- Woman Airlifted with Severe Burns after Escaping House Fire in Sherburne Co.
- 23-Year-Old Man Dies in Suspected Drowning in Sherburne County
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities