20 Burglaries in South Minneapolis in just 2 weeks | Crime
Police are urging residents in Bancroft, Bryant, Central, Corcoran, Powderhorn Park and Standish neighborhoods to be extra aware of any suspicious activity, especially during the day.
Since March 23, there have been 20 burglaries of homes, garages and businesses in the area. Most break-ins happened during daytime hours, by prying open a window or forcing in a door. In addition, police say ten vehicles were reported stolen and four vehicles were broken-into.
This updated crime alert comes just two weeks after KSTP reporter, Bay Scroggins, talked to families about the jump in crime. Click here for the story
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Good Samaritan Helps Rescue Bus Driver from Fiery Crash in Roseville
- 2nd Burglary this Week Reported on Pike Lake Drive in New Brighton
- Woman Killed in St. Paul Motor Scooter Crash was Local Singer
- Larpenteur Ave. Bridge Reopens to Traffic Wednesday
- BBB Urges Participants to Read Fine Print When Signing up for 'Fun Runs'
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand