Unidentified Woman's Body Found in Mississippi River | Crime
The St. Paul Police Department is asking for the public's help to identify a woman whose body was found in the Mississippi River.
According to officials, the body was found near the 300 block of Water Street in St. Paul. An employee at the St. Paul Yacht Club spotted the body floating in the river at about 2:30 p.m. on Thursday.
Police say the body was lodged in branches and debris near Harriet Island.
The woman is described as African American, between the ages of 16 and 40, 5'11", about 170 pounds with short hair.
The Medical Examiner found no obvious signs of trauma that contributed to her death. The Ramsey County Medical Examiner's Office conducted an autopsy on Friday, but has yet to rule on the cause of death.
Investigators believe the body was in the water for at least a week.
Police are checking to see if the woman's description matches any missing person's cases in the area.
Anyone with information is asked to call the St. Paul Police Department's Homicide Unit at (651) 266-5650.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Appeal Planned in Dismissal of Waseca School Plot Charges
- St. Cloud Police Look for Suspect of Hotel Robbery
- Duluth Woman Gets Creative to Pay for Maternity Leave
- Mississippi River Shuts Down 8 Miles to Commercial Traffic
- Prosecutors: Itasca Co. Kidnapper Wanted to Talk with Ex about 'Being a Good Parent'
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand