Bloomington Man Arrested on Federal Warrant for Drive-by Shooting | Crime
A Bloomington man, wanted on a federal warrant, was arrested in Michigan Friday in connection with a drive-by shooting in Minneapolis.
Police have been looking for 24-year-old Dion Darnell Toney since April of 2010. He is accused of shooting a man in an SUV near 10th Street and Portland Ave. S. April 3, 2010. Police say Toney was the passenger in another car at the time of the shooting.
The believe the shooting stemmed from an argument over a woman.
The victim was taken to Hennepin County Medical Center with serious injuries. Police believe Toney fled the area a short time later to avoid arrest.
He faces one count of felony assault in the first degree, and one count of felony drive-by shooting.
Investigators received tips that Toney may have fled to Michigan. Friday they arrested him without incident as he left a Detroit hotel.
He is being held in a Michigan jail awaiting extradition to Minnesota.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Suspect Arrested in Shooting of Man on Patio at Tom Reid's in St. Paul
- Portion of I-35E in St. Paul Closes for Bridge Removal, MnPASS Project
- Crews to Work Longer Days on Lowertown Ballpark
- Let's Play Hockey Expo at St. Paul's RiverCentre
- Expect Delays on I-35E in St. Paul, Maplewood with Left Lane Closures in March
- High Hopes for Minn. Medical Marijuana Supporters
- Dramatic Dash Cam Video: Elk River Home Invasion Suspects Lead Officers on Wrong-Way Chase
- Minn. Boy Rescued from Snow Tunnel: 'I Closed My Eyes and Prayed'
- RAW VIDEO: Rogers Police Dash Cam Video from Wrong Way Chase Following Home Invasion
- Rogers Student Suspension Raises Issue of Social Media Consequences