Bloomington Man Arrested on Federal Warrant for Drive-by Shooting | Crime
A Bloomington man, wanted on a federal warrant, was arrested in Michigan Friday in connection with a drive-by shooting in Minneapolis.
Police have been looking for 24-year-old Dion Darnell Toney since April of 2010. He is accused of shooting a man in an SUV near 10th Street and Portland Ave. S. April 3, 2010. Police say Toney was the passenger in another car at the time of the shooting.
The believe the shooting stemmed from an argument over a woman.
The victim was taken to Hennepin County Medical Center with serious injuries. Police believe Toney fled the area a short time later to avoid arrest.
He faces one count of felony assault in the first degree, and one count of felony drive-by shooting.
Investigators received tips that Toney may have fled to Michigan. Friday they arrested him without incident as he left a Detroit hotel.
He is being held in a Michigan jail awaiting extradition to Minnesota.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Good Samaritan Helps Rescue Bus Driver from Fiery Crash in Roseville
- 2nd Burglary this Week Reported on Pike Lake Drive in New Brighton
- Woman Killed in St. Paul Motor Scooter Crash was Local Singer
- Larpenteur Ave. Bridge Reopens to Traffic Wednesday
- BBB Urges Participants to Read Fine Print When Signing up for 'Fun Runs'
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand