Hennepin County Property Taxes Due in 15 Days | News
With the fall in Hennepin County comes the beautiful leaves and the not-so-pretty reality that property taxes are due in mid-October.
The property taxes are due October 15th and pay for public services throughout the county--from schools to parks to mosquito control to schools and libraries.
More than 70 independent local governments within the county have the authority to levy a property tax.
For homeowners, it means your property tax statement is really 7 to 10 tax bills consolidated into one statement.
You can pay in a number of different ways.
The county has several online services: an E-Check is a one-time payment that comes directly from your checking or savings account; Direct Debit, which deducts from your bank account automatically on a recurring basis; or a Credit or Debit Card---you can pay with Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover.
You can also mail in your payment or pay in person.
For more information on all these options, click here.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Wounded Veteran Given Mortgage-Free Home in Shoreview
- Marijuana Debate Continues with Another Capitol Rally
- Clergy Members, Doctors Voice Support for Medical Marijuana Legalization
- Ramsey Co. Sheriff's Office Warns of Caller Impersonating Deputy
- 3M Receives Energy Award for 10th Consecutive Year, Hosts Earth Day Celebration
- Minn. Dept. of Commerce Works to Protect Senior Citizens from Fraud
- Severe Weather Awareness Week: Dave Dahl Talks Thunderstorms
- 'Minnesota Nice' in Elk River Helps a Motorcyclist in the Ice
- 2 Acres Burn in Elk River Grass Fire, Officials Investigate Cause
- Bachmann Says She is 'Going to Different Perch'