Weisman Art Museum Reopens After $14M Expansion | News
The Weisman Art Museum reopened to the public Sunday afternoon after being closed for a year for a $14-million remodeling project.
The modern art museum with the rippling metal walls on the Minneapolis campus of the University of Minnesota now features more skylights and twice as much gallery space as before.
Sunday afternoon festivities featured events for kids, lessons in screen printing, dancers, yoga classes in the galleries and a concert by Rogue Valley.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- St. Paul Saints Play Final Game at St. Paul Midway Stadium
- Minnesota State Fair Enters Final Weekend
- St. Paul Police: Suspect Threw Rocks, Refused to Back Away from Officers
- Public Memorial Held for Victim of Arden Hills Gas Station Shooting
- Final Suspect Arrested in June Roseville Pawn America Robbery, Shooting
- Woman Airlifted with Severe Burns after Escaping House Fire in Sherburne Co.
- 23-Year-Old Man Dies in Suspected Drowning in Sherburne County
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities