Weisman Art Museum Reopens After $14M Expansion | News
The Weisman Art Museum reopened to the public Sunday afternoon after being closed for a year for a $14-million remodeling project.
The modern art museum with the rippling metal walls on the Minneapolis campus of the University of Minnesota now features more skylights and twice as much gallery space as before.
Sunday afternoon festivities featured events for kids, lessons in screen printing, dancers, yoga classes in the galleries and a concert by Rogue Valley.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Motorcyclist Leads Troopers on High Speed Chase, Crashes in Wis.
- Protesters Call for Peace in St. Paul after Woman's Death
- St. Paul Mayor Calls for Public Discussion on Budget Gap
- Good Samaritan Helps Rescue Bus Driver from Fiery Crash in Roseville
- 2nd Burglary this Week Reported on Pike Lake Drive in New Brighton
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand