Weisman Art Museum Reopens After $14M Expansion | News
The Weisman Art Museum reopened to the public Sunday afternoon after being closed for a year for a $14-million remodeling project.
The modern art museum with the rippling metal walls on the Minneapolis campus of the University of Minnesota now features more skylights and twice as much gallery space as before.
Sunday afternoon festivities featured events for kids, lessons in screen printing, dancers, yoga classes in the galleries and a concert by Rogue Valley.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Winter Carnival Committee to Unveil Buttons Saturday at Dixie's on Grand
- MADD Hosts Vigil to Honor Victims and Survivors of Alcohol-Related Crashes
- St. Paul Winter Carnival Buttons Unveiled
- Man in Custody After Firing Shots at Police in St. Paul
- e-Field Trip Helps White Bear Lake Students Log More Hours of Physical Activity