Weisman Art Museum Reopens After $14M Expansion | News
The Weisman Art Museum reopened to the public Sunday afternoon after being closed for a year for a $14-million remodeling project.
The modern art museum with the rippling metal walls on the Minneapolis campus of the University of Minnesota now features more skylights and twice as much gallery space as before.
Sunday afternoon festivities featured events for kids, lessons in screen printing, dancers, yoga classes in the galleries and a concert by Rogue Valley.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 4 Killed, 4 Hurt in Crash Near Sleepy Eye on Icy Roads ID'd
- Procession Set as Cpl. Caleb Erickson Returns Home to Waseca
- Electric Fetus to Close in St. Cloud After 27 Years
- Small Area of Freezing Rain, Sleet Makes for Slick Spots
- Excelsior Considers Sales Tax on Food, Drinks to Pay for Park Improvements
- Suspect Arrested in Shooting of Man on Patio at Tom Reid's in St. Paul
- Portion of I-35E in St. Paul Closes for Bridge Removal, MnPASS Project
- Crews to Work Longer Days on Lowertown Ballpark
- Let's Play Hockey Expo at St. Paul's RiverCentre
- Expect Delays on I-35E in St. Paul, Maplewood with Left Lane Closures in March
- High Hopes for Minn. Medical Marijuana Supporters
- Dramatic Dash Cam Video: Elk River Home Invasion Suspects Lead Officers on Wrong-Way Chase
- Minn. Boy Rescued from Snow Tunnel: 'I Closed My Eyes and Prayed'
- RAW VIDEO: Rogers Police Dash Cam Video from Wrong Way Chase Following Home Invasion
- Rogers Student Suspension Raises Issue of Social Media Consequences