Veterans Day Events Where You Live | News
Veterans Day celebrations are happening all over the Twin Cities to honor those who have served our country. Here are some events happening near you.
Do you know of a Veterans Day event not listed here? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Veteran’s History Project is happening at Anoka Technical College on Saturday, November 6. Veterans are invited to be interviewed by volunteer students and court reporters and have their stories recorded and preserved for future generations. Contact Deb Longley at (763) 576-4848 or at email@example.com by November 3 to reserve your spot.
- The Apple Valley Legion Club is hosting a Veterans Day celebration on Saturday, November 12. The event starts at noon with holiday meat raffles and bingo begins at 4 p.m. All proceeds will benefit the community, youth, scholarships, and veterans programs.
- Apple Valley High School is hosting a Veterans Day program on November 11 to show their support for veterans and active military personnel living in the Dakota County area. The event runs from 9:00-9:50 a. m. in the gymnasium. All Apple Valley veterans or active military members are invited to attend.
- The Chapel of Love in the Mall of America is celebrating Veterans Day with marriage. They will be hosting 11 weddings on 11-11-11 at 11:11 a.m. Veterans and military who are interested in participating should contact Bridget Jewell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-883-8846.
- Gideon Pond Elementary School is hosting a Veterans Day program on November 11 at 9 a.m. in the school gym. First graders will be performing patriotic songs. Call 952-707-3000 for more information.
- Chaska Middle School West is hosting a Veterans Day Celebration on November 11. School District 112 will celebrate and honor those who have served with a flag raising ceremony and music. Veterans, their families, and the public are invited to attend. Lt. Gov. Carol Molnau will be speaking. Call 952-556-7400 for more information.
- The MN Warriors vs. NHL Alumi hockey game is happening on November 11 from 7:15-9:15 p.m. at the Chaska Community Center. Veterans with a military ID can get in for free otherwise the cost is $5 for adults and $3 for children, seniors, and students.
- On November 10 Habitat for Humanity will hold a women veteran build at their WomanBuild house. All woman veterand are invited to help. If you are interested please contact Trista Matascastillo at email@example.com or 612-305-7136.
- Eagan High School is having their 4th Annual Recognition Assembly on November 11. Starting at 8:15 there will be a social hour with coffee, donuts and bagels. At 9:00 a.m. the event moves to the main gymnasium for a 50 minute assembly. All veterans are invited to attend.
- Parker Elementary School is hosting a Veterans Day Program on November 11 at 9:30 a.m. Students and staff as well as the Elk River National Guard will meet at the flagpole where colors will be presented and taps will be played. The program will then move indoors for a presentation. Veterans, their families, and the public are invited. Call 763-241-3500 for more information.
- Fourth-graders at Excelsior Elementary School are honoring veterans will music and poetry on November 11. The event starts at 9 a. m. in the school auditorium and includes guest speakers from the Navy and the Minnesota Patriot Guard.
- A Veterans Day Service is happening at the American Legion Post 189 on November 11. Veterans and civilians are invited to an “Appreciation Breakfast” from 9-10 a.m., followed by a Veterans Day Program at from 10-11 a. m. The cost is $6 for civilians and free for veterans. Call 651-460-9909 for more information.
- The Chester Bird American Legion Post 523 is holding a candlelight service at 7 p.m. For more information call 763-377-4252.
- Hastings High School is hosting a Veterans Day celebration on Thursday, November 10 at 9:00 a.m. in the gymnasium. All veterans and current military personnel and their families are invited to partake in the recogninition program.
- The Minnesota Veterans Home is hosting a Veterans Day program on November 11. The program will take place at 2 p.m. and will feature special singing performances by some of the residents.
Inver Grove Heights
- The State of Minnesota Veterans Day Event is happening on November 11 at the Veterans Memorial Community Center. From 8:30 – 9:30 a. m. there will be a free breakfast and at 10 a. m. the program will start featuring special guests. Click here for more information.
- On November 11 the Luverne Veterans Home is hosting a special program for veterans. The program will take place at 2:30 in the dining room with guest speaker Dave Haugom, Rock County Veterans Service Officer.
- The Sabathani Community Center is hosting a recognition ceremony in honor of Veterans Day. The ceremony begins at 11:30 a.m. and a lunch will be served after the presentation. Community resources for veterans and their families will be available during the event. All veterans and their families are invited.
- On November 11 the Minneapolis Veterans Home is sponsoring a program for veterans. The program starts at 2 p.m. and takes place at Building 15 in the auditorium. There will be refreshments and guest speaker Col. Rodney Gerdes.
- St. Mary’s Greek Orthodox Church is hosting a special event on November 11. At 11 a. m. American Legion Hellenic Post 129 will dedicate a bronze plaque in memory of the 63 people who founded the post in 1919. There will be a flag raising and a bugler at the event.
- The Dunwoody College of Technology is hosting their second annual Veterans Day remembrance on November 11 at 12 p. m. There will be special guest speakers including Nathan Grams from the Minnesota National Guard.
- The VFW and American Legion program is happening at Veteran’s Memorial Park at 11 a. m. on November 11. For more information click here.
Norwood Young America
- Norwood Central High School will be hosting a Veterans Day Program on November 11. The program will take place in the gym at 10 a.m. The high school band and grades 1-12 choir will perform. Sponsored by VFW Post 1783 and American Legion Post 343, the event is free and open to the public. Call 952-467-7100 for more information.
- The Landing is hosting a Veterans Remembrance Day on November 6. The program starts at 1 p. m. and includes speeches, music and more. You can also tour several historic buildings in the Village of Eagle Creek and see the Thanksgiving preparations happening there. Enter through the West Entrance of the park.
- VFW Post 4046 is hosting a Veterans Day Service on November 11 at 6 p. m. Veterans, their families, and the general public are invited. Dinner will follow the service. Call 952-445-7912 for more information.
- The Minnesota Veterans Home is hosting a Veterans Day program from 11 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. There will be speakers, lunch, boy scouts and games.
- On November 11 Veterans for Peace will be conducting a bell-ringing service that honors Armistice Day at the First Shot Memorial just west of the Veterans Service Building. The event begins at 10:30 a. m. with a brief reading followed by the bells ceremony at 11 a. m. For more information call 612-821-9141.
- The Metropolitan State University with help from the Center for Community-Based Learning is hosting Remembrance Day National Roll Call “Honoring the Fallen” on November 11. This event will be taking place at nearly 100 schools across the country from 10:00 a. m. -5:00 p. m. Names of fallen soldiers will be read during the event.
White Bear Lake
- A Veterans’ Day Observance will be held on November 11 at St. John in the Wilderness Cemetery. At 2 p. m. there will be bagpipes, guest speakers and more. Click here for more information.
- The annual Veterans Day Observance will be held at the War Memorial Auditorium on November 10, 11 and 12. The Auditorium will display historical military items from the Civil War to the present during all three days from 8:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m. All events are open to the public and group visits are available. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An Observance Program at the War Memorial Auditorium will take place on November 11 at 7:30 p.m. There will be guest speakers, chorus music, and opportunities for veterans to learn about benefits.
- On Saturday, November 12 there will be a special program honoring Vietname Veteran Ron Mackendanz at the War Memorial Auditorium. Mackendanz is receiving the Silver Star for his actions in Vietnam 42 years ago. The ceremony starts at noon and includes a reception that will last until 4 p.m.