Mpls Gets Financial Help to Clean Up Old Jaguar Dealership | News
The City of Minneapolis is getting financial help to get rid of an eyesore downtown.
Right now, the corner of Hennepin and Washington is contaminated with petroleum and heavy metals from an old Jaguar dealership.
The Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development awarded Minneapolis with more than $430,000 to clean up the site.
The dealership will be torn down and replaced with apartments and a grocery store. The redevelopment is expected to create about a 100 new jobs.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ash Borer Infestation Found in Olmsted County
- After 43 Years, Sexual Abuse Victim Settles with Archdiocese
- Police: New Details in 20-Year-Old Rochester Cold Case
- Recount in St. Cloud School Board Race Sends Yussuf to General Election
- Level 3 Sex Offender No Longer Moving into Raymond Township, Meeting Canceled
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand