Minn. DNR Will Resume Taking Camping Reservations | News
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources plans to resume taking camping and lodging reservations for state parks and recreation areas on Thursday.
The state's new park reservation system crashed soon after its launch March 1. The DNR says the system couldn't handle the unexpected flood of traffic when it went live. The new system allowed campers view pictures of individual campsites before selecting them. But, it was overwhelmed with 4,500 hits in its first hour.
Beginning March 22, the DNR plans to accept reservations for a limited set of arrival dates.. Officials plan to discuss the plan for resuming the reservation system at a news conference Tuesday afternoon.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Coleman Hosts Public Meetings in St. Paul to Address $9.6M Budget Gap
- Report: Minnesota Ranks High for Well-Being of Kids; Improvement Needed
- Coleman Outlines Plans to Help Marketing of Former Ford Assembly Site
- Larpenteur Ave. Bridge Expected to Reopen to Traffic Wednesday
- New Brighton Home Burglarized, No Arrests
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand