Minn. DNR Will Resume Taking Camping Reservations | News
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources plans to resume taking camping and lodging reservations for state parks and recreation areas on Thursday.
The state's new park reservation system crashed soon after its launch March 1. The DNR says the system couldn't handle the unexpected flood of traffic when it went live. The new system allowed campers view pictures of individual campsites before selecting them. But, it was overwhelmed with 4,500 hits in its first hour.
Beginning March 22, the DNR plans to accept reservations for a limited set of arrival dates.. Officials plan to discuss the plan for resuming the reservation system at a news conference Tuesday afternoon.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- City of St. Paul Puts More Resources into Snow Maintenance After Last Week's Storm
- Minn. Republicans Relocate HQ from Capitol Area
- Hockey Stars Serve Up Smiles at 'Wild About Children' Event
- Winter Carnival Committee to Unveil Buttons Saturday at Dixie's on Grand
- MADD Hosts Vigil to Honor Victims and Survivors of Alcohol-Related Crashes