Minn. DNR Will Resume Taking Camping Reservations | News
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources plans to resume taking camping and lodging reservations for state parks and recreation areas on Thursday.
The state's new park reservation system crashed soon after its launch March 1. The DNR says the system couldn't handle the unexpected flood of traffic when it went live. The new system allowed campers view pictures of individual campsites before selecting them. But, it was overwhelmed with 4,500 hits in its first hour.
Beginning March 22, the DNR plans to accept reservations for a limited set of arrival dates.. Officials plan to discuss the plan for resuming the reservation system at a news conference Tuesday afternoon.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Judge Tosses Most Serious Charges in Waseca Foiled Plot
- Sheriff: 14-Year-Old Hospitalized in SW Minn. was Mother of Dead Newborn
- 1 Killed, 1 Injured in Accident at Renville Co. Power Line Work Site
- Mendota Heights Man Fatally Shot after Allegedly Barging into Northern Minn. Home
- Duluth Dips into Dunkin' Donuts; Event in Edina for Potential Franchisees
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand