Minn. DNR Will Resume Taking Camping Reservations | News
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources plans to resume taking camping and lodging reservations for state parks and recreation areas on Thursday.
The state's new park reservation system crashed soon after its launch March 1. The DNR says the system couldn't handle the unexpected flood of traffic when it went live. The new system allowed campers view pictures of individual campsites before selecting them. But, it was overwhelmed with 4,500 hits in its first hour.
Beginning March 22, the DNR plans to accept reservations for a limited set of arrival dates.. Officials plan to discuss the plan for resuming the reservation system at a news conference Tuesday afternoon.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marijuana Debate Continues with Another Capitol Rally
- Wounded Veteran Given Mortgage-Free Home in Shoreview
- Clergy Members, Doctors Voice Support for Medical Marijuana Legalization
- Ramsey Co. Sheriff's Office Warns of Caller Impersonating Deputy
- 3M Receives Energy Award for 10th Consecutive Year, Hosts Earth Day Celebration
- Severe Weather Awareness Week: Dave Dahl Talks Thunderstorms
- Minn. Dept. of Commerce Works to Protect Senior Citizens from Fraud
- 'Minnesota Nice' in Elk River Helps a Motorcyclist in the Ice
- 2 Acres Burn in Elk River Grass Fire, Officials Investigate Cause
- Bachmann Says She is 'Going to Different Perch'