142 Burning Restrictions Take Effect in 35 MN Counties | News
Burning restrictions have taken effect in 35 Minnesota counties and several more will be added to the list next Monday.
The Department of Natural Resources announces burning restrictions every spring to reduce wildfires before the vegetation greens up, but they're taking effect about three weeks earlier than usual because of the warm spring and dry winter.
The 35 counties where restrictions took effect Monday cover a wide swath from the northwest corner of the state through central Minnesota down through most of the Twin Cities metro area.
Restrictions take effect next Monday across most of the rest of northern Minnesota, from eastern Roseau and northern Beltrami counties across to Cook County.
Campfires smaller than 3 feet in diameter and 3 feet high remain allowed unless limited by local rules.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fire that Damaged Historic House in Duluth Ruled Arson
- Level 3 Sex Offender Moving into Raymond Township, Meeting Planned
- Wisconsin Deputy Arrested for Drunken Driving in Red Wing
- Recount Underway Between 2 Candidates for St. Cloud School Board Race
- 2 Charged with Felony Fraud while in Faribault Co. Prison
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand