Warm Spring Weather Means Fishing Opener May Move Up | News
The Minnesota House voted Tuesday night to change the state's fishing opener this year. They will be moving it up by one week to May 5 because this warm spring has fish, especially walleye, spawning early.
The opener is usually right after fish spawn, normally the second Saturday in May, but our record warm March is throwing everything off.
The Senate has yet to take action on the bill. The Governor's Press Secretary told KSTP they will not change the Governor's Fishing Opener scheduled for May 12 on Lake Waconia. She says too much planning has gone into it to change it at this point.
When asked if the Governor would sign the bill, she said he'd confer with the DNR Commissioner and make a decision.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- After 43 Years, Sexual Abuse Victim Settles with Archdiocese
- Police: New Details in 20-Year-Old Rochester Cold Case
- Recount in St. Cloud School Board Race Sends Yussuf to General Election
- Level 3 Sex Offender No Longer Moving into Raymond Township, Meeting Canceled
- Fire that Damaged Historic House in Duluth Ruled Arson
- Reward Grows to $10K for Suspect in Arden Hills Shooting, Federal Warrant Issued
- Open House Shows Off Propane-Powered School Buses in St. Paul
- New Food, Attractions at 2014 Great Minnesota Get Together
- NHL Concussion Lawsuits Consolidated in Minnesota
- St. Paul Fire Dept. Honors Teen who Rescued Victim from Duplex Fire
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand