Warm Spring Weather Means Fishing Opener May Move Up | News
The Minnesota House voted Tuesday night to change the state's fishing opener this year. They will be moving it up by one week to May 5 because this warm spring has fish, especially walleye, spawning early.
The opener is usually right after fish spawn, normally the second Saturday in May, but our record warm March is throwing everything off.
The Senate has yet to take action on the bill. The Governor's Press Secretary told KSTP they will not change the Governor's Fishing Opener scheduled for May 12 on Lake Waconia. She says too much planning has gone into it to change it at this point.
When asked if the Governor would sign the bill, she said he'd confer with the DNR Commissioner and make a decision.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Good Samaritan Helps Rescue Bus Driver from Fiery Crash in Roseville
- 2nd Burglary this Week Reported on Pike Lake Drive in New Brighton
- Woman Killed in St. Paul Motor Scooter Crash was Local Singer
- Larpenteur Ave. Bridge Reopens to Traffic Wednesday
- BBB Urges Participants to Read Fine Print When Signing up for 'Fun Runs'
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand