Farmers Markets Where You Live | News
Delicious, fresh produce is finally back in season and farmers' markets across the Twin Cities are ready to open. From fruits and vegetables to meats and sauces there is a dish for everyone. So put away that frozen TV dinner and head to the market closest to you.
Do you know about a farmers market not listed here? Send information to web@KSTP.com.
- The Albert Lea Farmers Market is open May through October. Every Wednesday from 4-6 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. until noon you can purchase a variety of fruits, vegetables, organic goods and local specialties. Click here for more information.
- The Andover Market is located at Grace Lutheran Church. The Market is open Tuesdays May 1-October 30 from 2:30p.m. until 6:30 p.m. Click here for more information and directions.
- The Apple Valley Market provides a variety of fresh produce and other goods. The market is open Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. starting June 16 and continuing through October 27. Click here for more information and directions.
- The Minnesota Zoo Farmers Market is open on Wednesdays. The market is open June 13-October 3 from 10:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. Click here for more information and directions.
- The Burnsville Market at 200 W 147th St is open Saturdays June 16-October 27. It is open from 8:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. Click here for more information and directions.
- The Burnsville Market at Mary, Mother of the Church is open Thursdays May 3-October. It is open from noon until 5:00 pm. Click here for more information and directions.
- The Cottage Grove United Church of Christ Farmer's Market runs from June 14th until October 11th. The market is open on Thursday afternoon from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Items for sale from vendors include vegetables, fruits, jams and jellies, honey, baked goods, embroidered towels and tye-dyed shirts. Parking is located across the street at the Lamar ball fields. Church members cook up brats and hotdogs and pop and ice cream are also available. A portion of the church's rental fees go to Heifer International, which supplies animals to people in developing countries. Contact Rod Heuer at 651-459-8176.
- The Eagan Market Fest is open from June 13th until September 26th on Wednesday afternoons from 4:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. The market features over 60 vendors, concerts, free Kid's Art Tent, playground, walking trails, special theme nights and more. Click here for more information.
- The Centennial Lakes Farmers Market is opening for its second year on June 16. The market will offer a variety of fresh products including sweet corn, beans, potatoes, melons, jam, meats and much more. The market will be open from 3:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. Thursday afternoons until September 29. Click here for more information.
- The Downtown Farmington Farmers' Market offers residents and visitors a large selection of fresh, locally grown items to enjoy. The market runs from June 14 until September 13. The market is open Thursday afternoons from 3:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. Click here for more information.
- The Hudson Farmers Market on Carmichael is open June through October. Every Saturday from 9-1 p.m. you can enjoy fresh seasonal vegetables,sweet fruit,honey from the hive, farm beef and pork,free range chicken, fresh eggs Wisconsin cheese, oven baked goods, beautiful flowers, prairie plants, artisan soaps and more! Click here for more information.
Inver Grove Heights
- The Inver Grove Heights Farmers Market is located at the Veteran’s Memorial Community Center. The market will be open Thursdays June 21 through October 4 from 3:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. Click here for more information and directions.
- The Lakeville Market located at 208th and Holyoke is open Wednesdays June 13-October 31. The market is open from noon until 6:00 p.m. Click here for more information and directions.
- The Lakeville Market located at 210th and Holyoke is open Saturdays June 23-October 13. The market is open from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. Click here for more information and directions.
- The Maple Grove Farmers Market is having its Spring Market Preview on Thursday, May 17. Shoppers can get a sneak peek of the market's produce from 3-7 p.m. at the Maple Grove Community Center. The market will be open every Thursday June 14 - October 18. From June through September the market will be open 3-7 p.m. and in October it will be open 3-6 p.m. Click here for more information.
- The Aldrich Arena Farmers Market in Maplewood offers a variety of organics goods, crafts, local specialties and fruits and vegetables. The market is open May through October on Wednesdays from 8:00 a.m. until noon. Click here for more information.
- The Minneapolis Farmers Market is having its next market on April 14th from 9:30 a.m. until noon. You can buy local meats, salmon, poultry and eggs. Click here for more information.
- The Mill City Farmers Market is hosting its spring preview and Indoor Market at Mill City Museum on May 12. From 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. you can shop for fruits, vegetables, meats, cheeses and more while chatting with Community Supported Agriculture farmers about how to get fresh produce all year long. Click here for more information.
- The Midtown Farmers Market opens on Saturday May 5. The market will be open every Saturday May – October from 8:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. and every Tuesday June – October from 3:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. The market offers fruit, vegetables, artisan crafts, ready-to-eat food and live music. Click here for more information.
- The University of Minnesota Farmers Market will open its eighth season on Wednesday, July 11, 2012. The market features Twin Cities-area vendors who travel 2.5 hours or less to deliver and sell everything from berries to sweet corn to tomatoes to squash. For more information, click here.
- The Richfield Farmers market is open May through September. The Veteran’s park location is open Saturdays May 7 through September 24 from 7 a.m. until noon as well as Saturdays October 1 through the 30 from 8 a.m. until noon. A new Wednesday market location is opening this year at the Assumption Church Parking lot. They will be open every Wednesday in June through the end of August from 2-6 p.m. Click here for more information.
- The Rosemount Market opens on Tuesdays starting June 19 through September 25. From 2:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. you can purchase a variety of freshly grown goods. Click here for more information and directions.
- The Savage Market is located on Quentin and Highway 13. The market is open Sundays June 3-October 28 from 8:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. Click here for more information and directions.
- The Stillwater Farmers Market runs from June 13-September 12 on Wednesdays from 2:30-7:30 p.m. Check out their Facebook page here.
- The St. Paul Farmers Market-Downtown is opens Saturdays April 28-November 24 from 6 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. and Sundays April 29-November 25 from 8 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. The Winter Market is open Saturdays December 1-April 20 from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. You can buy fresh meat products, eggs, baked goods, cheeses, pasta, salsa and much more at the market. Click here for more information and directions.
- The St. Paul 7th Place Farmers Market is open Tuesdays June 12-October 16 from 10:00 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. and Thursdays June 7-October 18 from 10:00 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. Click here for more information and directions.
- The St. Thomas More Church’s Farmers Market is located on Summit Avenue in St. Paul. The market is open every Friday May 4-August 29 from 1:15 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. It will also be open Fridays September 7 – October 26 from 3:30 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. Click here for more information and directions.
West St. Paul
- The West Saint Paul market is located in Signal Hills Mall. The market is open Fridays June 15-October 26 from 8:00 a.m. until noon. Click here for more information and directions.
- The Woodbury Market is open Sundays June 17 – October 28 from 8:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. Click here for more information and directions.
- The Woodbury City Walk Market is located on Woodbury Drive and Hudson Rd. The Market is open Wednesdays June 27-October 10 from 3:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. Click here for more information and directions.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cast of 'The Wizard of Oz' Helps Build Homes for Minnesotans
- Holiday Greeting: Petty Officer 2nd Class Stephanie Heu
- Holiday Greeting: Petty Officer 3rd Class Chong Vue
- St. Paul Police to Host Notification Meeting for Relocation of Predatory Offender
- St. Paul Makes Changes after Residents Complain about Slippery Roads