Weekend Road Closures Impact Twin Cities Traffic | News
If you're heading up to your cabin this weekend, be aware of some road closures this weekend.
Both lanes of I-35 W are closed all weekend long. The closure is in Arden Hills between 694 and Highway 10, because the Highway 10 bridge is being demolished.
Also I-94 Eastbound will be closed from Highway 280 to Hiawatha Avenue all weekend long.
Other road closures and events in Minneapolis this weekend will be affecting Twin Cities traffic:
LYNDALE AVENUE S
Lyndale Avenue South from 22nd Street West to 42nd Street West will close from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, June 10, for the Open Streets Bike Festival. Intersections with signal lights will remain open, and Minneapolis Police will be monitoring traffic at these intersections.
UNIVERSITY AVENUE NE
University Avenue Northeast to Hennepin Avenue East will close from 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday, June 10, for Pedal Pub races. Minneapolis Police will monitor traffic at these intersections.
TARGET CENTER and TARGET FIELD
There will be many pedestrians and vehicles in downtown Minneapolis and around Target Field and Target Center this weekend. Lakeville High School’s graduation was from 4-9:30 p.m. Friday; Maple Grove High School, Osseo High School, and Park Center High School graduations will be from 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Sunday; and Edina High School’s graduation will be from 6-9 p.m. Monday.
Also, the Cubs will be played the Twins at 7 p.m. Friday, 1 p.m. Saturday, and 1 p.m. Sunday.
For all list of detours and road closures, click here.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marijuana Debate Continues with Another Capitol Rally
- Wounded Veteran Given Mortgage-Free Home in Shoreview
- Clergy Members, Doctors Voice Support for Medical Marijuana Legalization
- Ramsey Co. Sheriff's Office Warns of Caller Impersonating Deputy
- 3M Receives Energy Award for 10th Consecutive Year, Hosts Earth Day Celebration
- Severe Weather Awareness Week: Dave Dahl Talks Thunderstorms
- Minn. Dept. of Commerce Works to Protect Senior Citizens from Fraud
- 'Minnesota Nice' in Elk River Helps a Motorcyclist in the Ice
- 2 Acres Burn in Elk River Grass Fire, Officials Investigate Cause
- Bachmann Says She is 'Going to Different Perch'