Weekend Road Closures Impact Twin Cities Traffic | News
If you're heading up to your cabin this weekend, be aware of some road closures this weekend.
Both lanes of I-35 W are closed all weekend long. The closure is in Arden Hills between 694 and Highway 10, because the Highway 10 bridge is being demolished.
Also I-94 Eastbound will be closed from Highway 280 to Hiawatha Avenue all weekend long.
Other road closures and events in Minneapolis this weekend will be affecting Twin Cities traffic:
LYNDALE AVENUE S
Lyndale Avenue South from 22nd Street West to 42nd Street West will close from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, June 10, for the Open Streets Bike Festival. Intersections with signal lights will remain open, and Minneapolis Police will be monitoring traffic at these intersections.
UNIVERSITY AVENUE NE
University Avenue Northeast to Hennepin Avenue East will close from 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday, June 10, for Pedal Pub races. Minneapolis Police will monitor traffic at these intersections.
TARGET CENTER and TARGET FIELD
There will be many pedestrians and vehicles in downtown Minneapolis and around Target Field and Target Center this weekend. Lakeville High School’s graduation was from 4-9:30 p.m. Friday; Maple Grove High School, Osseo High School, and Park Center High School graduations will be from 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Sunday; and Edina High School’s graduation will be from 6-9 p.m. Monday.
Also, the Cubs will be played the Twins at 7 p.m. Friday, 1 p.m. Saturday, and 1 p.m. Sunday.
For all list of detours and road closures, click here.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man Posing as Fake Cop Charged in Shooting at Tom Reid's
- Dorothy Day Center Proposed Location Scrapped
- Minnesota Birds Suffering from Brutal Winter
- Minn. House Votes to Reverse Course on Law Change for Lobbyists Buying Meals for Legislators
- Man Shot on Tom Reid's Patio in St. Paul 'Stabilized,' Suspect Arrested
- High Hopes for Minn. Medical Marijuana Supporters
- Dramatic Dash Cam Video: Elk River Home Invasion Suspects Lead Officers on Wrong-Way Chase
- Minn. Boy Rescued from Snow Tunnel: 'I Closed My Eyes and Prayed'
- RAW VIDEO: Rogers Police Dash Cam Video from Wrong Way Chase Following Home Invasion
- Rogers Student Suspension Raises Issue of Social Media Consequences