Weekend Road Closures Impact Twin Cities Traffic | News
If you're heading up to your cabin this weekend, be aware of some road closures this weekend.
Both lanes of I-35 W are closed all weekend long. The closure is in Arden Hills between 694 and Highway 10, because the Highway 10 bridge is being demolished.
Also I-94 Eastbound will be closed from Highway 280 to Hiawatha Avenue all weekend long.
Other road closures and events in Minneapolis this weekend will be affecting Twin Cities traffic:
LYNDALE AVENUE S
Lyndale Avenue South from 22nd Street West to 42nd Street West will close from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday, June 10, for the Open Streets Bike Festival. Intersections with signal lights will remain open, and Minneapolis Police will be monitoring traffic at these intersections.
UNIVERSITY AVENUE NE
University Avenue Northeast to Hennepin Avenue East will close from 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday, June 10, for Pedal Pub races. Minneapolis Police will monitor traffic at these intersections.
TARGET CENTER and TARGET FIELD
There will be many pedestrians and vehicles in downtown Minneapolis and around Target Field and Target Center this weekend. Lakeville High School’s graduation was from 4-9:30 p.m. Friday; Maple Grove High School, Osseo High School, and Park Center High School graduations will be from 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Sunday; and Edina High School’s graduation will be from 6-9 p.m. Monday.
Also, the Cubs will be played the Twins at 7 p.m. Friday, 1 p.m. Saturday, and 1 p.m. Sunday.
For all list of detours and road closures, click here.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Amish Building Permit Disagreement in Fillmore Co. Lands in Court
- Standout Mankato Football Player Charged in Shooting near Renaissance Festival
- Key Lawmakers say 'No' to Idea for ATV Park Using Legacy Tax Money
- Byron Smith Fights Restitution to Teens' Families, Breaks Down in Court
- Inmate Dies in Stearns County Jail
- Suspect Dead, Officer Uninjured in St. Paul Officer-Involved Shooting
- Snail Lake Boat Launch Reopens after Removal of Aquatic Vegetation
- INTERVIEW: St. Paul Saints to Play Final Games at Midway this Week
- Seniors Celebrated at Minnesota State Fair on Thursday
- Public Memorial Held Thursday for Victim of Arden Hills Gas Station Shooting
- Woman Airlifted with Severe Burns after Escaping House Fire in Sherburne Co.
- 23-Year-Old Man Dies in Suspected Drowning in Sherburne County
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities