6-Year-Old Boy Drowns in Golden Valley Lake | News
A 6-year-old boy has died after being pulled from a Golden Valley lake Saturday evening.
The Hennepin County Sheriff's Office says a person walking in Wirth Lake around 5:30 p.m. discovered Tony Caine on the bottom of the lake in about four feet of water, not far from shore.
The person alerted lifeguards, who pulled the boy to shore and began CPR.
Caine was taken to North Memorial Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
The sheriff's office says the Caine, who was from Golden Valley, was at Theodore Wirth Park with family for a birthday party.
He is the sixth person to drown in Hennepin County this year.
An investigation into the boy's death is ongoing.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- St. Paul Saints Play Final Game at St. Paul Midway Stadium
- Minnesota State Fair Enters Final Weekend
- St. Paul Police: Suspect Threw Rocks, Refused to Back Away from Officers
- Public Memorial Held for Victim of Arden Hills Gas Station Shooting
- Final Suspect Arrested in June Roseville Pawn America Robbery, Shooting
- Woman Airlifted with Severe Burns after Escaping House Fire in Sherburne Co.
- 23-Year-Old Man Dies in Suspected Drowning in Sherburne County
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities