6-Year-Old Boy Drowns in Golden Valley Lake | News
A 6-year-old boy has died after being pulled from a Golden Valley lake Saturday evening.
The Hennepin County Sheriff's Office says a person walking in Wirth Lake around 5:30 p.m. discovered Tony Caine on the bottom of the lake in about four feet of water, not far from shore.
The person alerted lifeguards, who pulled the boy to shore and began CPR.
Caine was taken to North Memorial Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
The sheriff's office says the Caine, who was from Golden Valley, was at Theodore Wirth Park with family for a birthday party.
He is the sixth person to drown in Hennepin County this year.
An investigation into the boy's death is ongoing.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Good Samaritan Helps Rescue Bus Driver from Fiery Crash in Roseville
- 2nd Burglary this Week Reported on Pike Lake Drive in New Brighton
- Woman Killed in St. Paul Motor Scooter Crash was Local Singer
- Larpenteur Ave. Bridge Reopens to Traffic Wednesday
- BBB Urges Participants to Read Fine Print When Signing up for 'Fun Runs'
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand