Three Generations of Eden Prairie Family Killed in Head-On Crash | News
A 21 year-old Norwood man is in jail in connection with a deadly crash that killed a 40 year-old Eden Prairie woman, her mother in-law and her 8 year-old daughter Friday night.
The State Patrol says Paul Wickenhauser was driving a pickup truck east on Highway 12 near Willmar when he crossed the center line and hit a minivan head on just after 9 p.m. Friday.
The minivan went into the ditch and caught on fire. 40 year-old Michelle Hoffman of Eden Prairie and her 68 year-old mother-in-law, Marta Stoffers of Atwater, died on the scene. Hoffman's 8 year-old daughter, Julia, was pronounced dead at Hennepin County Medical Center. 5 year-old Jason Hoffman is hospitalized in critical condition.
The State Patrol says Stoffers was driving the family back to her house after seeing a movie.
The State Patrol says it found an open bottle of alcohol in Wickenhauser's truck. A preliminary blood-alcohol test was conducted, but officials are not releasing the results. Wickenhauser was treated and released for his injuries. He is currently being held in the Kandiyohi Jail on tentative charges of criminal vehicular homicide.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand