Bail Set For Man with "Threatening" Tattoo to Mpls. Cop | News
Bail has been set for $60,000 for a man police say has a tattoo that is threatening to a Minneapolis Police officer.
Bail for Antonio Jenkins Jr.made his first court appearance Friday morning. He is charged with felony terroristic threats against a police officer for a tattoo that depicts a pig in a police officer's uniform and an automatic weapon in its mouth. Investigators say it has a specific officer's badge and name on it with a threat written underneath it.
According to a criminal complaint, investigators say Jenkins is a known member of a violent Minneapolis gang. The complaint says Jenkins admitted the tattoo could cause other gang members to inflict harm on the officer. And, police say, Jenkins posted a photo of the tattoo on Facebook and bragged about it in a written message.
Investigators say those two things took the threat to another level and they brought the case to the Hennepin County Attorney's Office who issued the charge in District Court. So far no hearings have been set.
Police say given the gang's history of violent offenses in the past and Jenkins' admission of its potential threat to the officer, they believe the case will withstand legal challenges on First Amendment free speech issues.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Former Dallas Cowboy, First Lady Among Stars at Starkey Hearing Awards Gala in St. Paul
- Ramsey County Golf Course Spruced up with $12M Remodel is Open for Business
- St. Paul Man Tries to Avoid PIT Maneuver during Chase, Hits Trooper Squad
- Construction Boom Continues in St. Paul's Lowertown Neighborhood
- 12-Year-Old Maplewood Girl Wins Ticket to White House
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand
- INTERVIEW: What You Should Know about Toxic Blue Green Algae