Woman Accused of Cutting Window Screen, Stabbing Ex | News
A Brooklyn Center woman is accused of stabbing her ex-boyfriend after cutting a hole in his window screen.
Columbia Heights police were called to the 4000 block of Main Street around 10:35 p.m. Monday, Jan. 21, on a report of a stabbing.
When they got there, they found 22-year-old Jazzmin Paris Bragg of Brooklyn Center digging around in a car outside the home, according to the criminal complaint. Police say she had blood on the front of her shirt and pants, so police detained her.
Officers went into the house and found a man with a stab wound on his left shoulder. He was sent to Hennepin County Medical Center via ambulance.
The victim told police he and Bragg spent the day together running errands, but at the end they started arguing and she dropped him off at his house. Later, the victim said he heard noises at the window and saw Bragg cutting the screen, according to the criminal complaint.
The victim went outside to tell Bragg to leave when she allegedly stabbed him in the left shoulder.
Bragg has been charged with second degree assault. If convicted, she faces up to seven years in prison and up to $14,000 in fines.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ash Borer Infestation Found in Olmsted County
- After 43 Years, Sexual Abuse Victim Settles with Archdiocese
- Police: New Details in 20-Year-Old Rochester Cold Case
- Recount in St. Cloud School Board Race Sends Yussuf to General Election
- Level 3 Sex Offender No Longer Moving into Raymond Township, Meeting Canceled
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand