Brooklyn Park Warns of Scams | News
Brooklyn Park City Officials are warning residents about a scam that has been reported several times over the past week.
Officials say someone is claiming to be a utility worker and telling residents they need to buy reloadable cards from Walgreens in order to pay for their bills.
The scammer then asks residents to call him back and give him the number on the back of the Green Dot card in order to pay for their utility bill or their utilities would be shut off.
The scammer gives this number to call him back at: 908-989-0509.
Another victim was scammed by purchasing amusement park tickets through a legitimate looking website, according to Brooklyn Park officials.
The scammer told the victim that the credit card machines were down and he’d have to go buy a reloadable debit card at CVS (My Vanilla card) and call him back with the number on the back, which the victim did and lost his money.
If you’re a victim you can file complaints with the following agencies:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
1501 Freeway Boulevard
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
- Your local police department or sheriff's office
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Good Samaritan Helps Rescue Bus Driver from Fiery Crash in Roseville
- 2nd Burglary this Week Reported on Pike Lake Drive in New Brighton
- Woman Killed in St. Paul Motor Scooter Crash was Local Singer
- Larpenteur Ave. Bridge Reopens to Traffic Wednesday
- BBB Urges Participants to Read Fine Print When Signing up for 'Fun Runs'
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand