Brooklyn Park Warns of Scams | News
Brooklyn Park City Officials are warning residents about a scam that has been reported several times over the past week.
Officials say someone is claiming to be a utility worker and telling residents they need to buy reloadable cards from Walgreens in order to pay for their bills.
The scammer then asks residents to call him back and give him the number on the back of the Green Dot card in order to pay for their utility bill or their utilities would be shut off.
The scammer gives this number to call him back at: 908-989-0509.
Another victim was scammed by purchasing amusement park tickets through a legitimate looking website, according to Brooklyn Park officials.
The scammer told the victim that the credit card machines were down and he’d have to go buy a reloadable debit card at CVS (My Vanilla card) and call him back with the number on the back, which the victim did and lost his money.
If you’re a victim you can file complaints with the following agencies:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
1501 Freeway Boulevard
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
- Your local police department or sheriff's office
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Crews to Work Longer Days on Lowertown Ballpark
- Let's Play Hockey Expo at St. Paul's RiverCentre
- Portion of I-35E in St. Paul to Close for Bridge Removal, MnPASS Project
- Expect Delays on I-35E in St. Paul, Maplewood with Left Lane Closures in March
- St. Paul Elem. School Temporarily Shuts Down after Student Discovered with Dummy Grenade
- High Hopes for Minn. Medical Marijuana Supporters
- Dramatic Dash Cam Video: Elk River Home Invasion Suspects Lead Officers on Wrong-Way Chase
- Minn. Boy Rescued from Snow Tunnel: 'I Closed My Eyes and Prayed'
- RAW VIDEO: Rogers Police Dash Cam Video from Wrong Way Chase Following Home Invasion
- Rogers Student Suspension Raises Issue of Social Media Consequences