Brooklyn Park Warns of Scams | News
Brooklyn Park City Officials are warning residents about a scam that has been reported several times over the past week.
Officials say someone is claiming to be a utility worker and telling residents they need to buy reloadable cards from Walgreens in order to pay for their bills.
The scammer then asks residents to call him back and give him the number on the back of the Green Dot card in order to pay for their utility bill or their utilities would be shut off.
The scammer gives this number to call him back at: 908-989-0509.
Another victim was scammed by purchasing amusement park tickets through a legitimate looking website, according to Brooklyn Park officials.
The scammer told the victim that the credit card machines were down and he’d have to go buy a reloadable debit card at CVS (My Vanilla card) and call him back with the number on the back, which the victim did and lost his money.
If you’re a victim you can file complaints with the following agencies:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
1501 Freeway Boulevard
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
- Your local police department or sheriff's office
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Meeting Reviews Surveillance Footage of St. Paul Skyway Arrest
- Around 2,000 Items Turned in Every Year to State Fair's Lost and Found
- With Records Set, 2014 Minnesota State Fair Comes to a Close
- Woman Hit, Killed by Green Line Train in St. Paul
- St. Paul Police Sources: City Employees Tied to Gangs Disrupt Work
- Woman Airlifted with Severe Burns after Escaping House Fire in Sherburne Co.
- 23-Year-Old Man Dies in Suspected Drowning in Sherburne County
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities