Edina Man Charged in Trooper Crash | News
An Edina man accused of hitting a squad car last weekend - injuring a state trooper - was reportedly drunk, according to criminal charges against him.
Maurice Blevins, 39, has been charged with gross misdemeanors counts of driving while intoxicated and negligent operation of a vehicle, according to Hennepin County District Court records.
Blevins also faces a lesser charge of driving with a revoked license.
Blevins was with his daughters, ages 14 and 11, when his vehicle crashed into Minnesota State Trooper Allen Thill's squad car on Saturday in Richfield, authorities reported.
Thill, who was not seriously injured, was working at an accident scene at the time.
Blevins' daughters also were not seriously injured in the crash.
Blevins was released from jail on Monday after posting $12,000 bail. His next court appearance is scheduled for Feb. 11.
An attempt to reach Blevins were unsuccessful Tuesday.
See our previous coverage in the video box above.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand