'World's Largest Smelt Fry' Returns to Brooklyn Park | News
The Brooklyn Park Lions are hosting what's billed as the 'World's Largest Smelt Fry' in late April.
It's the longest running annual event in the city and is expected to draw upwards of 700 people a night. In years past they served up 2,200 pounds of the fish.
The Lions Smelt Fry will be April 24-26, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The fry takes place at the Brooklyn Park National Guard Armory, 5500 85th Ave. N. in Brooklyn Park.
Proceeds from the event will go to provide free eyeglasses for kids in need in Brooklyn Park and other non-profit groups.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Recount in St. Cloud School Board Race Sends Yussuf to General Election
- Level 3 Sex Offender No Longer Moving into Raymond Township, Meeting Canceled
- Fire that Damaged Historic House in Duluth Ruled Arson
- Wisconsin Deputy Arrested for Drunken Driving in Red Wing
- Recount Underway Between 2 Candidates for St. Cloud School Board Race
- Reward Grows to $10K for Suspect in Arden Hills Shooting, Federal Warrant Issued
- Open House Shows Off Propane-Powered School Buses in St. Paul
- New Food, Attractions at 2014 Great Minnesota Get Together
- NHL Concussion Lawsuits Consolidated in Minnesota
- St. Paul Fire Dept. Honors Teen who Rescued Victim from Duplex Fire
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand