'World's Largest Smelt Fry' Returns to Brooklyn Park | News
The Brooklyn Park Lions are hosting what's billed as the 'World's Largest Smelt Fry' in late April.
It's the longest running annual event in the city and is expected to draw upwards of 700 people a night. In years past they served up 2,200 pounds of the fish.
The Lions Smelt Fry will be April 24-26, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The fry takes place at the Brooklyn Park National Guard Armory, 5500 85th Ave. N. in Brooklyn Park.
Proceeds from the event will go to provide free eyeglasses for kids in need in Brooklyn Park and other non-profit groups.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Appeal Planned in Dismissal of Waseca School Plot Charges
- St. Cloud Police Look for Suspect of Hotel Robbery
- Duluth Woman Gets Creative to Pay for Maternity Leave
- Mississippi River Shuts Down 8 Miles to Commercial Traffic
- Prosecutors: Itasca Co. Kidnapper Wanted to Talk with Ex about 'Being a Good Parent'
- Officials Find St. Paul Treatment Center at Fault after Resident Suffers Frostbite
- Woman Shot in St. Paul's Payne Phalen Neighborhood
- Roseville Pawn America Robbery Suspect Arrested in Georgia
- 1 of 4 Indicted in St. Paul Drug Cartel House Pleads Guilty
- Passersby Rescue Woman, Baby from St. Paul Duplex Arson
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand