'World's Largest Smelt Fry' Returns to Brooklyn Park | News
The Brooklyn Park Lions are hosting what's billed as the 'World's Largest Smelt Fry' in late April.
It's the longest running annual event in the city and is expected to draw upwards of 700 people a night. In years past they served up 2,200 pounds of the fish.
The Lions Smelt Fry will be April 24-26, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The fry takes place at the Brooklyn Park National Guard Armory, 5500 85th Ave. N. in Brooklyn Park.
Proceeds from the event will go to provide free eyeglasses for kids in need in Brooklyn Park and other non-profit groups.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Around 2,000 Items Turned in Every Year to State Fair's Lost and Found
- With Records Set, 2014 Minnesota State Fair Comes to a Close
- Woman Hit, Killed by Green Line Train in St. Paul
- St. Paul Police Sources: City Employees Tied to Gangs Disrupt Work
- St. Paul Police Union: Officers in Stun-Gun Video Acted Respectfully
- Woman Airlifted with Severe Burns after Escaping House Fire in Sherburne Co.
- 23-Year-Old Man Dies in Suspected Drowning in Sherburne County
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities