Officials Make Largest Meth Bust in Mpls Task Force History | News
Five people were arrested in what authorities say is the largest meth bust by the Hennepin County Violent Offender Task Force in Minneapolis.
The task force executed two search warrants and found 12 pounds of meth and a semi-automatic handgun Friday.
The meth has an estimated street value of $200,000, according to the task force.
“Meth is poisonous to our youth, neighborhoods, and communities,” said Hennepin County Sheriff Rich Stanek, “Our multi-agency task force shut down a significant meth distribution operation.”
The Hennepin County Violent Offender Task Force is comprised of the Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office and the following police departments: Golden Valley, Richfield, Brooklyn Center and Brooklyn Park. Bloomington Police and the Drug Enforcement Administration also assisted with this investigation.
Three of the five suspects have been charged. More charges are expected for the other suspects.
The task force is continuing to investigate.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- St. Paul Saints Play Final Game at St. Paul Midway Stadium
- Minnesota State Fair Enters Final Weekend
- St. Paul Police: Suspect Threw Rocks, Refused to Back Away from Officers
- Public Memorial Held for Victim of Arden Hills Gas Station Shooting
- Final Suspect Arrested in June Roseville Pawn America Robbery, Shooting
- Woman Airlifted with Severe Burns after Escaping House Fire in Sherburne Co.
- 23-Year-Old Man Dies in Suspected Drowning in Sherburne County
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities