Investigation Complete in Fatal Shooting in South Mpls | News
Minneapolis police have completed their investigation into the shooting death of a man during a struggle with officers last month.
Police say the case was presented to the Hennepin County attorney's office for review Friday.
Officials say 22-year-old Terrance Franklin was killed May 10 after he tried to grab an officer's gun. Franklin's family has disputed the police account.
Police say Franklin fled a traffic stop and broke into a house in south Minneapolis, where he struggled with officers and a police dog. Franklin was killed, and two officers were hit with gunfire. Both officers survived.
The Hennepin County medical examiner's office says Franklin had multiple gunshot wounds.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Severe Weather Awareness Week: Dave Dahl Talks Thunderstorms
- Minn. Dept. of Commerce Works to Protect Senior Citizens from Fraud
- 'Minnesota Nice' in Elk River Helps a Motorcyclist in the Ice
- 2 Acres Burn in Elk River Grass Fire, Officials Investigate Cause
- Bachmann Says She is 'Going to Different Perch'