Investigation Complete in Fatal Shooting in South Mpls | News
Minneapolis police have completed their investigation into the shooting death of a man during a struggle with officers last month.
Police say the case was presented to the Hennepin County attorney's office for review Friday.
Officials say 22-year-old Terrance Franklin was killed May 10 after he tried to grab an officer's gun. Franklin's family has disputed the police account.
Police say Franklin fled a traffic stop and broke into a house in south Minneapolis, where he struggled with officers and a police dog. Franklin was killed, and two officers were hit with gunfire. Both officers survived.
The Hennepin County medical examiner's office says Franklin had multiple gunshot wounds.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man Arrested, Accused of Sending White Powder to Pine County Courthouse
- Court Asked to Reconsider DWI Conviction of Domestic Abuse Victim
- Pedestrian Hit by School Bus in St. Cloud ID'd, No Word on Condition
- Vehicle, Ice House Plunge into Icy Lake Near Alexandria
- Alberta , Minn. Woman Dies in Train Crash