Weekend Road Closures in the Twin Cities | News
Major freeways will be closed this weekend because of construction.
Highway 169 will experience closures southbound between Interstate 694 and 77th Avenue between 9 p.m. Friday, June 28, until 5 a.m. Monday, July 1, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
A suggested alternate route is Interstate 94 to southbound Interstate 494 to eastbound Interstate 394 to Highway 169. More information about the project is available here.
Highway 36 will be closed in both directions from Highway 61 to White Bear Avenue. The closure will be for 75 days. The posted detour is available here.
Highway 95 will be closed in both directions between County Road 9 and County Road 11. The closures are to make drainage improvements to the roadway. The roadway is expected to reopen by July 8.
A suggested alternate route is County Road 9 and County Road 11 back to Highway 95. Additional information about the project is available here.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- High Hopes for Minn. Medical Marijuana Supporters
- Dramatic Dash Cam Video: Elk River Home Invasion Suspects Lead Officers on Wrong-Way Chase
- Minn. Boy Rescued from Snow Tunnel: 'I Closed My Eyes and Prayed'
- RAW VIDEO: Rogers Police Dash Cam Video from Wrong Way Chase Following Home Invasion
- Rogers Student Suspension Raises Issue of Social Media Consequences