Hennepin County Sheriff, Police Plan Warrant Sweep | News
Hennepin County Sheriff Rich Stanek is urging anyone with an active warrant to surrender to authorities.
On Wednesday, July 17, the sheriff's office will be conducting a warrant sweep in partnership with more than a dozen law enforcement agencies, the sheriff's office reported.
Deputies and officers will clear warrants and arrest people who are wanted for a range of offenses - from felonies to misdemeanors. The sweep will focus on warrants related to domestic violence cases.
"People who are wanted on active warrants are more likely to reoffend," said Sheriff Rich Stanek in a statement. "By pursuing warrants, we are sending the message that domestic violence will not be tolerated in Hennepin County and offenders will be held accountable."
When a person wanted on an active warrant voluntarily surrenders, the person will avoid being arrested by deputies in their home or workplace. A wanted person can surrender at the sheriff's office or local police stations.
Are You Wanted?
- Visit the sheriff's office warrant unit, room 22 in Minneapolis City Hall, 350 S. Fifth St. in Minneapolis, to determine if you're wanted on a warrant. Bring a photo I.D.
- Individuals can turn themselves in to local police or they can surrender at the Hennepin County Jail, 401 S. Fourth Ave.
- Continued detention will depend on bail amount, the court schedule, release conditions and the suspect's ability to post bail.
- Those wanted should bring their necessary prescription medication, as well as cash if the suspect plans to post bail.
- Anyone who knows the whereabouts of a fugitive can call 1-888-988-TIPS.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- St. Paul Saints Play Final Game at St. Paul Midway Stadium
- Minnesota State Fair Enters Final Weekend
- St. Paul Police: Suspect Threw Rocks, Refused to Back Away from Officers
- Public Memorial Held for Victim of Arden Hills Gas Station Shooting
- Final Suspect Arrested in June Roseville Pawn America Robbery, Shooting
- Woman Airlifted with Severe Burns after Escaping House Fire in Sherburne Co.
- 23-Year-Old Man Dies in Suspected Drowning in Sherburne County
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities