LIST: Minneapolis Mayoral Candidates | News
Tuesday is the final day to file in the race to succeed Mayor R.T. Rybak in Minneapolis.
As of the deadline at 5 p.m., 35 people are in the race.
Voters will choose a new mayor Nov. 5 using ranked-choice voting. Residents will make a first, second and third choice in the race.
The extra choices will come into play if none of the candidates initially get 50 percent of the vote.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Crews to Work Longer Days on Lowertown Ballpark
- Let's Play Hockey Expo at St. Paul's RiverCentre
- Portion of I-35E in St. Paul to Close for Bridge Removal, MnPASS Project
- Expect Delays on I-35E in St. Paul, Maplewood with Left Lane Closures in March
- St. Paul Elem. School Temporarily Shuts Down after Student Discovered with Dummy Grenade
- High Hopes for Minn. Medical Marijuana Supporters
- Dramatic Dash Cam Video: Elk River Home Invasion Suspects Lead Officers on Wrong-Way Chase
- Minn. Boy Rescued from Snow Tunnel: 'I Closed My Eyes and Prayed'
- RAW VIDEO: Rogers Police Dash Cam Video from Wrong Way Chase Following Home Invasion
- Rogers Student Suspension Raises Issue of Social Media Consequences