LIST: Minneapolis Mayoral Candidates | News
Tuesday is the final day to file in the race to succeed Mayor R.T. Rybak in Minneapolis.
As of the deadline at 5 p.m., 35 people are in the race.
Voters will choose a new mayor Nov. 5 using ranked-choice voting. Residents will make a first, second and third choice in the race.
The extra choices will come into play if none of the candidates initially get 50 percent of the vote.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ash Borer Infestation Found in Olmsted County
- After 43 Years, Sexual Abuse Victim Settles with Archdiocese
- Police: New Details in 20-Year-Old Rochester Cold Case
- Recount in St. Cloud School Board Race Sends Yussuf to General Election
- Level 3 Sex Offender No Longer Moving into Raymond Township, Meeting Canceled
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand