LIST: Minneapolis Mayoral Candidates | News
Tuesday is the final day to file in the race to succeed Mayor R.T. Rybak in Minneapolis.
As of the deadline at 5 p.m., 35 people are in the race.
Voters will choose a new mayor Nov. 5 using ranked-choice voting. Residents will make a first, second and third choice in the race.
The extra choices will come into play if none of the candidates initially get 50 percent of the vote.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials Find St. Paul Treatment Center at Fault after Resident Suffers Frostbite
- Woman Shot in St. Paul's Payne Phalen Neighborhood
- Roseville Pawn America Robbery Suspect Arrested in Georgia
- 1 of 4 Indicted in St. Paul Drug Cartel House Pleads Guilty
- Passersby Rescue Woman, Baby from St. Paul Duplex Arson
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand