Family Displaced by Fire at Northeast Minneapolis Duplex | News
A family is displaced and a firefighter suffered minor injuries after a fire at a duplex in Northeast Minneapolis Saturday morning.
Fire crews had to deal with icy conditions while fighting the fire at the duplex, located in the 2300 block of Johnson Street Northeast. Officials say one firefighter slipped and fell on the ice. The firefighter is expected to make a full recovery.
The fire was reported just after 5:30 a.m. Crews arrived to heavy flames coming from the home.
Officials say everyone made it out safely and the American Red Cross is now helping three adults that lived in the home.
At this point, the cause of the fire has not been determined. The amount of damage is unknown.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marijuana Debate Continues with Another Capitol Rally
- Wounded Veteran Given Mortgage-Free Home in Shoreview
- Clergy Members, Doctors Voice Support for Medical Marijuana Legalization
- Ramsey Co. Sheriff's Office Warns of Caller Impersonating Deputy
- 3M Receives Energy Award for 10th Consecutive Year, Hosts Earth Day Celebration
- Severe Weather Awareness Week: Dave Dahl Talks Thunderstorms
- Minn. Dept. of Commerce Works to Protect Senior Citizens from Fraud
- 'Minnesota Nice' in Elk River Helps a Motorcyclist in the Ice
- 2 Acres Burn in Elk River Grass Fire, Officials Investigate Cause
- Bachmann Says She is 'Going to Different Perch'