Family Displaced by Fire at Northeast Minneapolis Duplex | News
A family is displaced and a firefighter suffered minor injuries after a fire at a duplex in Northeast Minneapolis Saturday morning.
Fire crews had to deal with icy conditions while fighting the fire at the duplex, located in the 2300 block of Johnson Street Northeast. Officials say one firefighter slipped and fell on the ice. The firefighter is expected to make a full recovery.
The fire was reported just after 5:30 a.m. Crews arrived to heavy flames coming from the home.
Officials say everyone made it out safely and the American Red Cross is now helping three adults that lived in the home.
At this point, the cause of the fire has not been determined. The amount of damage is unknown.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- April Storm Drops More than Foot of Snow in Parts of Minn., Wis.; Snarls Traffic
- Nationwide Manhunt for Pine Co. Minister Charged with 59 Sex Crimes
- Push Made to Fund, Build New State Security Hospital in St. Peter
- St. Cloud Police Look for Level III Predatory Offender
- Jury Picked to Hear Little Falls Murder Case