Family Displaced by Fire at Northeast Minneapolis Duplex | News
A family is displaced and a firefighter suffered minor injuries after a fire at a duplex in Northeast Minneapolis Saturday morning.
Fire crews had to deal with icy conditions while fighting the fire at the duplex, located in the 2300 block of Johnson Street Northeast. Officials say one firefighter slipped and fell on the ice. The firefighter is expected to make a full recovery.
The fire was reported just after 5:30 a.m. Crews arrived to heavy flames coming from the home.
Officials say everyone made it out safely and the American Red Cross is now helping three adults that lived in the home.
At this point, the cause of the fire has not been determined. The amount of damage is unknown.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- High Hopes for Minn. Medical Marijuana Supporters
- Dramatic Dash Cam Video: Elk River Home Invasion Suspects Lead Officers on Wrong-Way Chase
- Minn. Boy Rescued from Snow Tunnel: 'I Closed My Eyes and Prayed'
- RAW VIDEO: Rogers Police Dash Cam Video from Wrong Way Chase Following Home Invasion
- Rogers Student Suspension Raises Issue of Social Media Consequences