20-Year-Old Man Arrested After Police Find Mpls. Homeowner Dead | News
A man is in custody Friday after police responding to a 9-1-1 call found a North Minneapolis homeowner had been shot.
Twenty-year-old Devon Parker was booked into the Hennepin County Adult Detention Center on probable cause murder.
At 11:46 a.m., officers responded to a report of a man who had gone to a home on the 3700 block of North Aldrich Avenue, asking the homeowner to call the police because he was being chased by people who wanted to kill him, police said.
The homeowner called 9-1-1, police said. A short time later, squads arrived and found the homeowner had been shot.
Police located the suspect, who was originally asking for assistance, inside the residence, police said.
Police say the two men knew each other, but police are still investigating their relationship and what happened. Police are not looking for any other suspects at this time.
This marks the second murder so far this year in Minneapolis.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ash Borer Infestation Found in Olmsted County
- After 43 Years, Sexual Abuse Victim Settles with Archdiocese
- Police: New Details in 20-Year-Old Rochester Cold Case
- Recount in St. Cloud School Board Race Sends Yussuf to General Election
- Level 3 Sex Offender No Longer Moving into Raymond Township, Meeting Canceled
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand