20-Year-Old Man Arrested After Police Find Mpls. Homeowner Dead | News
A man is in custody Friday after police responding to a 9-1-1 call found a North Minneapolis homeowner had been shot.
Twenty-year-old Devon Parker was booked into the Hennepin County Adult Detention Center on probable cause murder.
At 11:46 a.m., officers responded to a report of a man who had gone to a home on the 3700 block of North Aldrich Avenue, asking the homeowner to call the police because he was being chased by people who wanted to kill him, police said.
The homeowner called 9-1-1, police said. A short time later, squads arrived and found the homeowner had been shot.
Police located the suspect, who was originally asking for assistance, inside the residence, police said.
Police say the two men knew each other, but police are still investigating their relationship and what happened. Police are not looking for any other suspects at this time.
This marks the second murder so far this year in Minneapolis.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man Posing as Fake Cop Charged in Shooting at Tom Reid's
- Dorothy Day Center Proposed Location Scrapped
- Minnesota Birds Suffering from Brutal Winter
- Minn. House Votes to Reverse Course on Law Change for Lobbyists Buying Meals for Legislators
- Man Shot on Tom Reid's Patio in St. Paul 'Stabilized,' Suspect Arrested
- High Hopes for Minn. Medical Marijuana Supporters
- Dramatic Dash Cam Video: Elk River Home Invasion Suspects Lead Officers on Wrong-Way Chase
- Minn. Boy Rescued from Snow Tunnel: 'I Closed My Eyes and Prayed'
- RAW VIDEO: Rogers Police Dash Cam Video from Wrong Way Chase Following Home Invasion
- Rogers Student Suspension Raises Issue of Social Media Consequences