20-Year-Old Man Arrested After Police Find Mpls. Homeowner Dead | News
A man is in custody Friday after police responding to a 9-1-1 call found a North Minneapolis homeowner had been shot.
Twenty-year-old Devon Parker was booked into the Hennepin County Adult Detention Center on probable cause murder.
At 11:46 a.m., officers responded to a report of a man who had gone to a home on the 3700 block of North Aldrich Avenue, asking the homeowner to call the police because he was being chased by people who wanted to kill him, police said.
The homeowner called 9-1-1, police said. A short time later, squads arrived and found the homeowner had been shot.
Police located the suspect, who was originally asking for assistance, inside the residence, police said.
Police say the two men knew each other, but police are still investigating their relationship and what happened. Police are not looking for any other suspects at this time.
This marks the second murder so far this year in Minneapolis.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Meeting Reviews Surveillance Footage of St. Paul Skyway Arrest
- Around 2,000 Items Turned in Every Year to State Fair's Lost and Found
- With Records Set, 2014 Minnesota State Fair Comes to a Close
- Woman Hit, Killed by Green Line Train in St. Paul
- St. Paul Police Sources: City Employees Tied to Gangs Disrupt Work
- Woman Airlifted with Severe Burns after Escaping House Fire in Sherburne Co.
- 23-Year-Old Man Dies in Suspected Drowning in Sherburne County
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities