City To Fund 14,000 Sump Pump Home Inspections | News
The City of Eden Prairie City Council has decided the city will fund sump pump inspections for 14,000 homes to the tune of $599,000.
In its July 20th city council meeting, the Eden Prairie City Council approved an agreement with SL-serco, Inc. for the home inspections, according to the city's website.
The action is the result of a study conducted with 14,000 homes in the four service districts that looked into the highest flow response to rainfall.
The inspections are expected to help keep the city compliant with infiltration and inflow through Metropolitan Council Environmental Services. A mandate through MCES states the city shall spend 20% of total costs each year through the five-year program.
The inspections are expected to be completed by early Summer 2011, according to the city.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fire that Damaged Historic House in Duluth Ruled Arson
- Level 3 Sex Offender Moving into Raymond Township, Meeting Planned
- Wisconsin Deputy Arrested for Drunken Driving in Red Wing
- Recount Underway Between 2 Candidates for St. Cloud School Board Race
- 2 Charged with Felony Fraud while in Faribault Co. Prison
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand