City To Fund 14,000 Sump Pump Home Inspections | News
The City of Eden Prairie City Council has decided the city will fund sump pump inspections for 14,000 homes to the tune of $599,000.
In its July 20th city council meeting, the Eden Prairie City Council approved an agreement with SL-serco, Inc. for the home inspections, according to the city's website.
The action is the result of a study conducted with 14,000 homes in the four service districts that looked into the highest flow response to rainfall.
The inspections are expected to help keep the city compliant with infiltration and inflow through Metropolitan Council Environmental Services. A mandate through MCES states the city shall spend 20% of total costs each year through the five-year program.
The inspections are expected to be completed by early Summer 2011, according to the city.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Coleman Outlines Plans to Help Marketing of Former Ford Assembly Site
- New Brighton Home Burglarized, No Arrests
- Roseville Pawn America Employee Shot During Armed Robbery
- Teen Describes Rescuing Neighbors from Burning St. Paul House
- St. Paul Schools Conducting Internal Investigation after Asst. Elem. Principal Charged
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand