City To Fund 14,000 Sump Pump Home Inspections | News
The City of Eden Prairie City Council has decided the city will fund sump pump inspections for 14,000 homes to the tune of $599,000.
In its July 20th city council meeting, the Eden Prairie City Council approved an agreement with SL-serco, Inc. for the home inspections, according to the city's website.
The action is the result of a study conducted with 14,000 homes in the four service districts that looked into the highest flow response to rainfall.
The inspections are expected to help keep the city compliant with infiltration and inflow through Metropolitan Council Environmental Services. A mandate through MCES states the city shall spend 20% of total costs each year through the five-year program.
The inspections are expected to be completed by early Summer 2011, according to the city.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Cast of 'The Wizard of Oz' Helps Build Homes for Minnesotans
- Holiday Greeting: Petty Officer 2nd Class Stephanie Heu
- Holiday Greeting: Petty Officer 3rd Class Chong Vue
- St. Paul Police to Host Notification Meeting for Relocation of Predatory Offender
- St. Paul Makes Changes after Residents Complain about Slippery Roads