City To Fund 14,000 Sump Pump Home Inspections | News
The City of Eden Prairie City Council has decided the city will fund sump pump inspections for 14,000 homes to the tune of $599,000.
In its July 20th city council meeting, the Eden Prairie City Council approved an agreement with SL-serco, Inc. for the home inspections, according to the city's website.
The action is the result of a study conducted with 14,000 homes in the four service districts that looked into the highest flow response to rainfall.
The inspections are expected to help keep the city compliant with infiltration and inflow through Metropolitan Council Environmental Services. A mandate through MCES states the city shall spend 20% of total costs each year through the five-year program.
The inspections are expected to be completed by early Summer 2011, according to the city.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Minnesota Birds Suffering from Brutal Winter
- Minn. House Votes to Reverse Course on Law Change for Lobbyists Buying Meals for Legislators
- Man Posing as Fake Cop Charged in Shooting at Tom Reid's
- Man Shot on Tom Reid's Patio in St. Paul 'Stabilized,' Suspect Arrested
- For Domestic Violence Victims, Promise in GPS
- High Hopes for Minn. Medical Marijuana Supporters
- Dramatic Dash Cam Video: Elk River Home Invasion Suspects Lead Officers on Wrong-Way Chase
- Minn. Boy Rescued from Snow Tunnel: 'I Closed My Eyes and Prayed'
- RAW VIDEO: Rogers Police Dash Cam Video from Wrong Way Chase Following Home Invasion
- Rogers Student Suspension Raises Issue of Social Media Consequences