City To Fund 14,000 Sump Pump Home Inspections | News
The City of Eden Prairie City Council has decided the city will fund sump pump inspections for 14,000 homes to the tune of $599,000.
In its July 20th city council meeting, the Eden Prairie City Council approved an agreement with SL-serco, Inc. for the home inspections, according to the city's website.
The action is the result of a study conducted with 14,000 homes in the four service districts that looked into the highest flow response to rainfall.
The inspections are expected to help keep the city compliant with infiltration and inflow through Metropolitan Council Environmental Services. A mandate through MCES states the city shall spend 20% of total costs each year through the five-year program.
The inspections are expected to be completed by early Summer 2011, according to the city.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marijuana Debate Continues with another Capitol Rally
- Clergy Members, Doctors Voice Support for Medical Marijuana Legalization
- Ramsey Co. Sheriff's Office Warns of Caller Impersonating Deputy
- 3M Receives Energy Award for 10th Consecutive Year, Hosts Earth Day Celebration
- Lafayette Bridge Construction to Close Sections of I-94 This Weekend
- Minn. Dept. of Commerce Works to Protect Senior Citizens from Fraud
- Severe Weather Awareness Week: Dave Dahl Talks Thunderstorms
- 'Minnesota Nice' in Elk River Helps a Motorcyclist in the Ice
- 2 Acres Burn in Elk River Grass Fire, Officials Investigate Cause
- Bachmann Says She is 'Going to Different Perch'