Crash Closes Hwy 12 in Long Lake for Hours | News
A west metro highway closed for several hours Monday evening following a crash involving a semi and two cars.
The accident happened around 2:30 p.m. on Highway 12 in Long Lake, closing both the eastbound and westbound lanes near Wayzata Boulevard. The Highway did not reopen until around 9:30 p.m. Monday night.
A preliminary report by the State Patrol calls the incident a serious injury crash.
The driver of the semi, a 34-year-old Louisiana man, and another driver, a 53-year-old woman from Howard Lake, were not injured, authorities said. The condition of the third driver was unavailable Monday evening.
Authorities said the semi-trailer was carrying cattle at the time of the accident.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Judge Tosses Most Serious Charges in Waseca Foiled Plot
- Sheriff: 14-Year-Old Hospitalized in SW Minn. was Mother of Dead Newborn
- 1 Killed, 1 Injured in Accident at Renville Co. Power Line Work Site
- Mendota Heights Man Fatally Shot after Allegedly Barging into Northern Minn. Home
- Duluth Dips into Dunkin' Donuts; Event in Edina for Potential Franchisees
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand