Richfield Council Preview: Presentations, 2nd Reading of Vacant Bldg. Ordinance | News
The Richfield City Council meets for a regular meeting Tuesday night at 7 p.m. at City Hall. Here's a brief look at what they will be discussing.
The council meeting will begin with a few presentations:
- Presentation of Richfield Canine, Izzy, and Officer Greg Peterson.
- Presentation of 2010 Police Officer of the Year award to Officer Bill Stanger.
- Presentation of Mothers Against Drunk Driving certificate for outstanding law enforcement services to officer Brad Drayna.
- A proclamation designating March 23 as "We Care Day" in Richfield.
- Annual reports for the 494 Corridor Commission and Penn Central.
The council will hold a public hearing for the preliminary and final plat approval for 6528 Penn Avenue, which is required to allow the construction of a new CVS Pharmacy at the corner of 66th Street and Penn Avenue.
There will also be a second reading of an ordinance amendment regarding vacant buildings. The council will then consider adopting the proposal.
View the full agenda for additional items, including consent agenda items.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Severe Weather Awareness Week: Dave Dahl Talks Thunderstorms
- Minn. Dept. of Commerce Works to Protect Senior Citizens from Fraud
- 'Minnesota Nice' in Elk River Helps a Motorcyclist in the Ice
- 2 Acres Burn in Elk River Grass Fire, Officials Investigate Cause
- Bachmann Says She is 'Going to Different Perch'