Richfield Council Preview: Presentations, 2nd Reading of Vacant Bldg. Ordinance | News
The Richfield City Council meets for a regular meeting Tuesday night at 7 p.m. at City Hall. Here's a brief look at what they will be discussing.
The council meeting will begin with a few presentations:
- Presentation of Richfield Canine, Izzy, and Officer Greg Peterson.
- Presentation of 2010 Police Officer of the Year award to Officer Bill Stanger.
- Presentation of Mothers Against Drunk Driving certificate for outstanding law enforcement services to officer Brad Drayna.
- A proclamation designating March 23 as "We Care Day" in Richfield.
- Annual reports for the 494 Corridor Commission and Penn Central.
The council will hold a public hearing for the preliminary and final plat approval for 6528 Penn Avenue, which is required to allow the construction of a new CVS Pharmacy at the corner of 66th Street and Penn Avenue.
There will also be a second reading of an ordinance amendment regarding vacant buildings. The council will then consider adopting the proposal.
View the full agenda for additional items, including consent agenda items.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Portion of I-35E in St. Paul to Close for Bridge Removal, MnPASS Project
- Plan for the Outdoors at the Bird, Buck, Bait and Boat Expo
- Minn. Non-Profit Businesses Advocate to Raise Minimum Wage
- Teen Pleads Guilty to Stealing School Bus in Roseville
- St. Paul Woman Sentenced for Role in Stealing Hundreds of Identities
- High Hopes for Minn. Medical Marijuana Supporters
- Dramatic Dash Cam Video: Elk River Home Invasion Suspects Lead Officers on Wrong-Way Chase
- Minn. Boy Rescued from Snow Tunnel: 'I Closed My Eyes and Prayed'
- RAW VIDEO: Rogers Police Dash Cam Video from Wrong Way Chase Following Home Invasion
- Rogers Student Suspension Raises Issue of Social Media Consequences