Richfield Council Preview: Presentations, 2nd Reading of Vacant Bldg. Ordinance | News
The Richfield City Council meets for a regular meeting Tuesday night at 7 p.m. at City Hall. Here's a brief look at what they will be discussing.
The council meeting will begin with a few presentations:
- Presentation of Richfield Canine, Izzy, and Officer Greg Peterson.
- Presentation of 2010 Police Officer of the Year award to Officer Bill Stanger.
- Presentation of Mothers Against Drunk Driving certificate for outstanding law enforcement services to officer Brad Drayna.
- A proclamation designating March 23 as "We Care Day" in Richfield.
- Annual reports for the 494 Corridor Commission and Penn Central.
The council will hold a public hearing for the preliminary and final plat approval for 6528 Penn Avenue, which is required to allow the construction of a new CVS Pharmacy at the corner of 66th Street and Penn Avenue.
There will also be a second reading of an ordinance amendment regarding vacant buildings. The council will then consider adopting the proposal.
View the full agenda for additional items, including consent agenda items.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Appeal Planned in Dismissal of Waseca School Plot Charges
- St. Cloud Police Look for Suspect of Hotel Robbery
- Duluth Woman Gets Creative to Pay for Maternity Leave
- Mississippi River Shuts Down 8 Miles to Commercial Traffic
- Prosecutors: Itasca Co. Kidnapper Wanted to Talk with Ex about 'Being a Good Parent'
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand