Mpls. Schools Name New Chief Information Officer | Schools
Minneapolis Public Schools have named David Mayor as chief information officer for the district. Mayor will begin the job in Jan. 2012.
The chief information officer will be in charge of technology development to support school operations and student instruction.
“I am eager to lead Minneapolis Public Schools’ efforts to leverage technology to enhance learning and address the digital divide so that our students gain the skills necessary to excel in a global community. I look forward to guiding our innovative work and bringing best practices into the 21st century classroom," said Mayor.
According to Minneapolis schools, Mayor comes to Minnesota from the city of Rochester, New York where he was employed as chief information officer for the city and led efforts in areas such as strategic and tactical IT planning, website development and technical infrastructure.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marijuana Debate Continues with another Capitol Rally
- Clergy Members, Doctors Voice Support for Medical Marijuana Legalization
- Ramsey Co. Sheriff's Office Warns of Caller Impersonating Deputy
- 3M Receives Energy Award for 10th Consecutive Year, Hosts Earth Day Celebration
- Lafayette Bridge Construction to Close Sections of I-94 This Weekend
- Minn. Dept. of Commerce Works to Protect Senior Citizens from Fraud
- Severe Weather Awareness Week: Dave Dahl Talks Thunderstorms
- 'Minnesota Nice' in Elk River Helps a Motorcyclist in the Ice
- 2 Acres Burn in Elk River Grass Fire, Officials Investigate Cause
- Bachmann Says She is 'Going to Different Perch'