Mpls. Schools Name New Chief Information Officer | Schools
Minneapolis Public Schools have named David Mayor as chief information officer for the district. Mayor will begin the job in Jan. 2012.
The chief information officer will be in charge of technology development to support school operations and student instruction.
“I am eager to lead Minneapolis Public Schools’ efforts to leverage technology to enhance learning and address the digital divide so that our students gain the skills necessary to excel in a global community. I look forward to guiding our innovative work and bringing best practices into the 21st century classroom," said Mayor.
According to Minneapolis schools, Mayor comes to Minnesota from the city of Rochester, New York where he was employed as chief information officer for the city and led efforts in areas such as strategic and tactical IT planning, website development and technical infrastructure.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Standout Mankato Football Player Charged in Shooting near Renaissance Festival
- Key Lawmakers say 'No' to Idea for ATV Park Using Legacy Tax Money
- Byron Smith Fights Restitution to Teens' Families, Breaks Down in Court
- Inmate Dies in Stearns County Jail
- Report: Minnesota Dance Coach Fired over Hazing Incident
- Woman Airlifted with Severe Burns after Escaping House Fire in Sherburne Co.
- 23-Year-Old Man Dies in Suspected Drowning in Sherburne County
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities