Mpls. Schools Name New Chief Information Officer | Schools
Minneapolis Public Schools have named David Mayor as chief information officer for the district. Mayor will begin the job in Jan. 2012.
The chief information officer will be in charge of technology development to support school operations and student instruction.
“I am eager to lead Minneapolis Public Schools’ efforts to leverage technology to enhance learning and address the digital divide so that our students gain the skills necessary to excel in a global community. I look forward to guiding our innovative work and bringing best practices into the 21st century classroom," said Mayor.
According to Minneapolis schools, Mayor comes to Minnesota from the city of Rochester, New York where he was employed as chief information officer for the city and led efforts in areas such as strategic and tactical IT planning, website development and technical infrastructure.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- High Hopes for Minn. Medical Marijuana Supporters
- Dramatic Dash Cam Video: Elk River Home Invasion Suspects Lead Officers on Wrong-Way Chase
- Minn. Boy Rescued from Snow Tunnel: 'I Closed My Eyes and Prayed'
- RAW VIDEO: Rogers Police Dash Cam Video from Wrong Way Chase Following Home Invasion
- Rogers Student Suspension Raises Issue of Social Media Consequences