Mpls. Schools Name New Chief Information Officer | Schools
Minneapolis Public Schools have named David Mayor as chief information officer for the district. Mayor will begin the job in Jan. 2012.
The chief information officer will be in charge of technology development to support school operations and student instruction.
“I am eager to lead Minneapolis Public Schools’ efforts to leverage technology to enhance learning and address the digital divide so that our students gain the skills necessary to excel in a global community. I look forward to guiding our innovative work and bringing best practices into the 21st century classroom," said Mayor.
According to Minneapolis schools, Mayor comes to Minnesota from the city of Rochester, New York where he was employed as chief information officer for the city and led efforts in areas such as strategic and tactical IT planning, website development and technical infrastructure.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Motorcyclist Leads Troopers on High Speed Chase, Crashes in Wis.
- Protesters Call for Peace in St. Paul after Woman's Death
- St. Paul Mayor Calls for Public Discussion on Budget Gap
- Good Samaritan Helps Rescue Bus Driver from Fiery Crash in Roseville
- 2nd Burglary this Week Reported on Pike Lake Drive in New Brighton
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities
- Community Meetings Offer Parents Info, Insight into Sherburne Co. Drug Use
- Zimmerman Man in Critical Condition after Firework Explodes in Hand