Two Nights of Lane Closures on 169 | Transportation
Drivers traveling along 169 from Edina to Bloomington will encounter lane closures and shifts Thursday and Friday evenings.
On Thursday, beginning at 7 p.m., the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) says southbound drivers will be shifted to the northbound lanes between I-494 and Valley View Road.
"Once this has been completed, the ramp from southbound Highway 169 to westbound Interstate 494 will close for approximately four months for reconstruction," said MnDOT spokesperson Bre Grand. "During the ramp closure, access to westbound I-494 from southbound Highway 169 will be available at Highway 62 / Highway 12."
Friday evening, the lane shift extends further south. At 7 p.m., the entire southbound stretch from I-494 to Anderson Lakes Parkway will be moved to the northbound lanes. At that time, workers will close access from West 78th Street / Townline Avenue until late June.
"During this closure motorists should follow a posted detour route to westbound W. 78th Street, northbound Prairie Center Drive and eastbound I-494 to access southbound Highway 169," said Grand.
The work is part of the larger project reconstructing the 169 / I-494 interchange that will turn 169 into a freeway through the area.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Meeting Reviews Surveillance Footage of St. Paul Skyway Arrest
- Around 2,000 Items Turned in Every Year to State Fair's Lost and Found
- With Records Set, 2014 Minnesota State Fair Comes to a Close
- Woman Hit, Killed by Green Line Train in St. Paul
- St. Paul Police Sources: City Employees Tied to Gangs Disrupt Work
- Woman Airlifted with Severe Burns after Escaping House Fire in Sherburne Co.
- 23-Year-Old Man Dies in Suspected Drowning in Sherburne County
- Sheriff: Big Lake Man Threatened to Shoot Neighbor, Arrested after Standoff
- Sherburne Co. Residents Encouraged to Take Broadband Survey
- Northstar Link to Provide Service for All-Star Game Festivities