Snowfall Totals Where You Live | Weather
The Twin Cities finally saw some of the first measurable snowfall of the winter on Friday.
The snow frustrated commuters, leading to more than 500 crashes and 125 spin-outs throughout the day.
But businesses that rely on snow are ready to finally start making money this season. The lack of snow has already canceled several popular community events, such as the John Beargrease Sled Dog Marathon in Duluth and the Winter Carnival Snow Carving.
Cities that saw the most snowfall today include Comfrey with 4.5 inches, Fairmont with 4.2 inches, and Albert Lea with 4 inches. Minneapolis saw .9 inches of snow, and St. Paul saw 1.4 inches.
St. Cloud had some of the lowest totals at about half an inch.
These numbers were updated as of about 6:45 p.m. Friday.
To see snow amounts where you live, click here.
To see weather updates from KSTP.com, click here.
Upcoming Events near Hennepin County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Son Admits Hosting La qui Parle Co. Party that Led to Teen's Death
- Are We Done Yet? Parts of Minn. Hit with 19 Inches of Snow
- Nationwide Manhunt for Pine Co. Minister Charged with 59 Sex Crimes
- Push Made to Fund, Build New State Security Hospital in St. Peter
- St. Cloud Police Look for Level III Predatory Offender